Clayton Posted August 7, 2018 Report Posted August 7, 2018 Hey guys I’m new to the whole going loud shit. I’ve had my share of kickers and remade box’s and shit but then I wanted to go loud and I’m so lost it’s almost funny. I built a box for my center console and it’s awesome loud on a junk crunch 2k mono and the box is around 2.75 cubes tuned at 26hz. Sounds okay to me but I want it to be correct and louder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Planning on upgrading amp and getting another xl 12 eventually but wanna be better off in the mean time
DiBo Posted August 7, 2018 Report Posted August 7, 2018 You want the box 1.5ft³ tuned to around 34hz. If you want I can design a simple box for you.
Clayton Posted August 7, 2018 Author Report Posted August 7, 2018 It’s going in place of my center console
DiBo Posted August 8, 2018 Report Posted August 8, 2018 What dimensions do I have to work with? What kind of Port also? Slot or aero?
Clayton Posted August 8, 2018 Author Report Posted August 8, 2018 Slot port no more than 14 inches wide height is up to you as well as depth. Right now it’s like 24h x 17w x 36d. I use it as an arm rest basically in my single cab Chevy. Thank you for your help
Clayton Posted August 8, 2018 Author Report Posted August 8, 2018 My box currently is 14w 17h 30d just measured it
DiBo Posted August 8, 2018 Report Posted August 8, 2018 I'll come up with something a little later tonight when I get home.
DiBo Posted August 10, 2018 Report Posted August 10, 2018 22x13.5x25 2.25x12x30 port (27 sq in ) 1.6 ft tuned to 35 Sub up double top baffle
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.