Second Skin Audio

Bandpass enclosure for 2 Skar VVX 12?

Kennyy

Hey guys I’ve been on the fence of getting a bandpass enclosure . Unfortunately for my subwoofers the space required for my enclosure won’t work in my trunk due to weight and size that most quality enclosures use. So I found an enclosure that fits that’s not too off on specs required for my subs the only thing is it’s a Bandpass enclosure and a prefab as well. (Ground shaker pbb12b) I’ve checked the EPB of these subs and they are in range to be used sealed or ported with the power I’m feeding them. They are getting a true 750 rms each and are rated at 600rms each. Currently they are in a prefab it’s 3.3cu tuned to 32hz with an aero port. It doesn’t sound bad for a prefab but I want to maximize my net space with the max dimensions I can run 33”x15”x18”. The Bandpass enclosure I found is 3.8 cu tuned to 34hz with a slot port. I know that regular aero port  vented is audibly different than a Bandpass but in terms of the specs would the bandpass sound better than my current prefab in terms of hitting lower frequencies? I know my current enclosure port tuning is tuned lower but there is less air space in the box, would the added space makeup for the higher tuning on the bandpass or how exactly does that work?

Oh and I know how frowned upon prefabs are but like I said a proper enclosure would take up too much of my trunk (full air suspension setup in trunk as well) so I have to sacrifice sound quality for space reasons alone. I’m familiar what a true to spec enclosure can do in terms of sound compared to prefabs. Fortunately for me that doesn’t bother me too much on this car builds priorities.

Current setup 

2 12” skar vvx v2 dual 4ohm wired to 1ohm

rockford fosgate t1500 

XS Power D3400 Battery 

1/0 gauge OFC NVX amp kit with Rockford RCA’s 

audio control lc2 with factory bose headunit on Infiniti G37 sedan.

Archived