Second Skin Audio

Help with box design

Jzzt

10 hours ago, Jzzt said:

the tank wasn't there I could have around another 12" which would make it 32x39x16 = 11.55 cu ft.

Whoa tiger.   You don't need 9 much less 11 cubes for 1 skar 12.   The evl only calls for 2 cubic ft for ported.  You could have that and the whole other half of your trunk.  And that could be tuned to 32hz with still a net of 2 cubes.  

23w x 15h x 18d  would get you just a hair over 2 cubes after displacement and port.  with a 2inch slot port.  These are rough numbers and I'm not a box pro, but these numbers are close to what you could get away with and have a properly built box.  Someone on here may be able to help you out.  And I'm still not sure why you want the sub inverted.  haha  That puts you back down to 8inches deep cuz you'll have the sub sticking out.  

15 minutes ago, Twistedmister said:

23w x 15h x 18d  would get you just a hair over 2 cubes after displacement and port.  with a 2inch slot port.  These are rough numbers and I'm not a box pro, but these numbers are close to what you could get away with and have a properly built box.  Someone on here may be able to help you out.  And I'm still not sure why you want the sub inverted.  haha  That puts you back down to 8inches deep cuz you'll have the sub sticking out.  

The math was just to see how much total space I had, since I measured the trunk.

The reason I would like the 8" height is to keep the box as far back as possible in the trunk. Doing it that way will save me around 6" of trunk depth opposed to the 18d you mention. But then the 8" height would just limit me to invert the sub, unless I get different shallower subs.

I also have another option, under the carpet there is a 1.5" foam piece that I can cut out. This way the maximum dimensions I think would be 39W x 18D x 9.5H. I'll have to double check tomorrow.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, Joe X said:

Mounting depth for that sub is 7.75",  if you do the box 8" tall the sub won't fit, let alone clearance for the motor vent.

Joe, do you think you could design something for a 12" Skar EVL.

8H x 39W and up to 39D, port back tuned to 30Hz with the sub on top/inverted?

Thanks,

Archived