How to run one woofer and 2 tweeters on 1 channel

Crandolph

I have a soundqubed q4-90 and a pair of sundown neopro v3 6.5. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to bridge the amp 260 watt @ 4ohm per channel and run the neo (180 watts) and two 40watt tweeters on each channel.

I think I can do this with 8ohm woofer and two 4 ohm tweeter. Tweeters wired in series with in line hpf. Then the tweeters and neo going parallel to the amp should present a 4 ohm load?

im not even sure if it works like this. If it does, how should I crossover the woofer? I was thinking this would be much simpler with maybe a two way crossover and just running both the tweeters off of the one tweeter channel on the crossover. I haven't really been able to find many crossovers that I think would work

So if I have a 180 watt woofer and two 40 watt tweeters hooked up to 260 watts it's too much power?  I'm not exactly sure how it works but I figured if the woofer is using 180 of the 260 watts then the tweeters would be left with the 80 watts they need. Im sure that's wrong though Perhaps you can explain to me how that works. 

I did think about getting an amp just for the tweeters but that's my last resort. Especially since I have plenty of power I just need to figure out how to make this work or find a 2 way crossover that can handle 260watts rms

No sir. The mid will get 130 and the tweets will get 65 each or 130 to the pair. What i ment was thats way to much tweet for that bit of mids. When my vic was up i was using 125 per mid and 35 per tweet. But i had 2 mids per tweet.

best option without getting a new amp is to either wire the mids on front channel normally or bridged and wire the tweets on the rear channels. That way you can blend the tweets in with you mid so they dont overpower everything. Or in simple terms....make your ears bleed

Ah ok so it splits it up evenly. That makes sense now that I think about it haha.

I was gonna do two tweets per woofer because I was reading that the neopros can drown out normal tweeters. I guess I I'll just try one tweet per side first and see what it sounds like

Thanks for the advice!

Archived