Ive been wanting to put an electric fan on my 96 Tahoe 5.7l what size do I need to keep it cool a link would also help ive seen some 10" fans on ebay for 20 bux I was thinking about 2 of them or??

go to www.darvex.com and look at the stringer fan and XL cooling fan. calc the amount of cubic feet in your hoe and that'll tell u how many u need.

http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1

^^ that one does 43 cubes a min.

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

I am truely not a fan of electric fans. They just do not move enough air to keep up with the clutch drivin fan.

I was looking at putting some on my truck about 2 years ago. When I started doing research, the stock fan I found out is moving around 12k CFM's of air, where as the max I could find for electrics was around 5k CFM. I highly reccomend you find out how much air your stock fan can move and then get an equivilant size fan.

camino_1to3 - I think Ish is talking about engine cooling and not Amp cooling. That fan only blowing 43 cubes isn't going to do a darn thing in the engine compartment. :blink:

Kev

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

I am truely not a fan of electric fans. They just do not move enough air to keep up with the clutch drivin fan.

I was looking at putting some on my truck about 2 years ago. When I started doing research, the stock fan I found out is moving around 12k CFM's of air, where as the max I could find for electrics was around 5k CFM. I highly reccomend you find out how much air your stock fan can move and then get an equivilant size fan.

camino_1to3 - I think Ish is talking about engine cooling and not Amp cooling. That fan only blowing 43 cubes isn't going to do a darn thing in the engine compartment. :blink:

Kev

Oh shit .. he mentioned the 5.7L part .. haha i'm a tard .. sorry.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

That fan only moves up to 2500 cfm though. In order to keep stock cooling capabilities, you would need like 4 of them suckers just to keep up with the 1 single stock fan that you have...and I doubt you have that much room up front.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

That fan only moves up to 2500 cfm though. In order to keep stock cooling capabilities, you would need like 4 of them suckers just to keep up with the 1 single stock fan that you have...and I doubt you have that much room up front.

What if I stack them one on top of the other lol thanx for ur help... I realy dont want to get into the situation that might mess up my truck...