Second Skin Audio

2 Torres Box calculators, same input, different results/

So, I have the 2010 version and the 2011 V1.1. Which version is most accurate?

Input specs

H=14 W=18 D=27.75 .  Both of the cut sheets match.

Port  H=12.5 W=1.75 L=18

Misc .20 displacement , # of extra Baffles 1, Baffle thickness 0.75, port thickness 0.75, common walls 3

2011 2.61 net volume Hz 31.51

2010 2.52 net volume Hz 32.06

I thought i had it figured out but my work computer has Version 2011 and the home computer has 2010.

So, which version do i use?

What's the difference ?  I don't need an extra baffle with version 2011 to achieve the required Net volume and Tuning Freq.

I did need the Extra Baffle on version 2010 to achieve the required Net volume and tuning Freq.

If this has been discussed before. I apologize.

Thank you in advance

DaveR

I would go with the newer version.  The difference between the two is in how it calculates the port volume.  

Keep in mind that a .09 cu ft difference in net volume isn't going to make ANY difference in output.  Its just too small to matter. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

5 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I would go with the newer version.  The difference between the two is in how it calculates the port volume.  

Keep in mind that a .09 cu ft difference in net volume isn't going to make ANY difference in output.  Its just too small to matter. 

Thx for the response. I will go with the newer version. 

I was looking forward to the second baffle and now that i don't need it, i was somewhat let down.

I know that.09 isn't much difference , it's just i am a sealed box guy hanging out in a ported world, i don't want to make any mistakes. Yall will look at me funny.

I am going to read the whole Torres' box tuning calculator thread as well. i am finding some valuable info in that thread.

I am also using your spreadsheet as well. Thank you for your assistance.

DaveR

Archived