Second Skin Audio

help with box for 4 rf 8s

I was wanting to know if anyone could help me with a box for my 14 ram crew cab? I got a smoking deal on 4 punch 8" p2 2-ohm subs and a power 1000 amp! While I am capable of building a sealed box I have never ventured to build a ported box much one for 4 subs!  I have cut the body under the seats and right now I have about 2-2.5 cf airspace before subs/ports.  Is this enough for a ported box, I might could squeeze another .50 cf if I fiberglass the top instead of using mdf if I need more air space.  What's y'all opinion should I just do a sealed box or ported and if so how big of a port should I use?  I tried an online calculators and come up with a 3"x12" port but to me that doesn't sound right.  I listen to mainstream/rap and would like to use an aero/flared port if it matters.  also the pic is the look im going for when finished 

underseat box.jpg

ive played with the p2-8's some. you can check my toyota build log in my sig for spl scors and such. I didnt have too much luck with them. i was told the manufactures specs for ported are too small. so if you are cramped for space, building a proper box with enough port for 4 of them is going to be tough. I was running 1500 watts to 2. i thik i may hae tried 2500 as well. 

edit:

think page 12 is where te ps8's are. first few pages are screwed because of photouckets bs

hope you have better luck than me. i am going to revisit the p2-8's eventually. going to try a 4th or maybe a 6th with a single 8 and see what i can do.

• 8 months later...

Hey Fastbike02 if you are still around I have a question for you so I can make sure that I understand you correctly. You said you cut the body under the seats. Do you mean you cut those stupid storage parts out? I’ve been thinking of taking a cutoff tool to the front of the storage wall also so I can have the subs facing forward instead of jacking my seats up to the roof. Thank you

Archived