Second Skin Audio

Porting help for 3 SA E8 V.6's in Common Chamber

dsjacr

1885199158_Subbox2019SD8s.jpg.53fce3772e36b55a05db63bff995380c.jpgWhat size and length port or ports should be used to tune the 3 Sundown E8 V.6 D2's in a common chamber to the recommended 32 hz?  I can do one on each end or a single round vent up to 3" in diameter. 

Another possibility is building a slotted vent either single or double exiting out the sides?  The height of 6" could be increased or decreased which of course would change the bottom internal width.

1141646407_Subbox2019SD8svented.jpg.386566132070ebfa6d40f8e6986fcff1.jpg  

I will most likely be adding bracing which will drop the internal volume down closer to around 2.0 cubic ft.

Appreciate your help ahead of time!

I would run the slot port along the top as you showed in your bottom pic.  Getting enough port area could be tough.  How much power are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

42 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I would run the slot port along the top as you showed in your bottom pic.  Getting enough port area could be tough.  How much power are you going to be running?

It will be on an Orion XTR 1500 DZ @ 1.3 ohms.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

868822402_Subbox2019SD8stopslotvent.jpg.d35a63a79123414b263855902b1ee25e.jpgI just put the box in my 17 Tundra Crew Max and if it is going to be vented, it would need through the top as shown.  Side venting would be too close to the side walls of the cab since I went a full 5 ft. wide.  Not sure if this helps or makes the situation better or worse? lol  Sealed may be my only option, but I would sure like to try vented if it is feasible?

Thanks,

Yeah, you are in a tough spot.  Honestly I would narrow your box up 2 or 3" so you could run the port out the side.  You are going to have to compromise somewhere and that may be the least detrimental way to do it.  

The hard part is you need at least 26 sq in of port area and 30 would be a LOT better. 

If you have enough box depth to move your subs up and put the port under the subs and firing out the side that's an option as well and would probably be my preferred solution.   

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

7 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Yeah, you are in a tough spot.  Honestly I would narrow your box up 2 or 3" so you could run the port out the side.  You are going to have to compromise somewhere and that may be the least detrimental way to do it.  

The hard part is you need at least 26 sq in of port area and 30 would be a LOT better. 

If you have enough box depth to move your subs up and put the port under the subs and firing out the side that's an option as well and would probably be my preferred solution.   

I have not cut out my sub holes yet, so I could move them all to one side and vent out the lower bottom on the opposite side? There isn't enough depth to move them up any.  I can easily shorten the box 2- 3 inches as well? Thanks 

58 minutes ago, dsjacr said:

I have not cut out my sub holes yet, so I could move them all to one side and vent out the lower bottom on the opposite side? There isn't enough depth to move them up any.  I can easily shorten the box 2- 3 inches as well? Thanks 

1323598436_Subbox2019SD8slowervent.jpg.b1b2b7a645df30a07a92acec6b0d6539.jpg

Archived