Learn me somethin'

Bossmaan

i just got the t4004 finally :) and i installed it half assed (not properly tuned)..i havent gotten the time..but im gonna get to it soon..but here goes..

I have RF162C components..it comes with 2 sets of tweeters..i will be putting 1 pair in the door, and the other pair in the A-pillar soon enough..I have 3 1/2 inch speakers in the dash..I got the T4004 whoring all the speakers :)...i will be upgrading my speakers eventually to maximize the amp's potential...

what I have done now to only test is and this is where I need feedback, I left both the tweeter sets in the door, and I wired the 3 1/2 inch stock speakers to the 'speaker' jack of the crossover, along with the original midrange...they seem to sound alright but i'm not sure if this causes any harm to the crossover or the whole set...I've tried wiring it to the Tweeter ports, along with the current tweeters..it sounds alright but the highs get ridiculous, so I changed that...so is there a potential for damage to the components or overloading my crossover...

my sub sub is set at 80hz (LP) off the p6001...So I'm wondering if i should set the crossover on the t4004 to all pass or High pass for the component set and the rear speakers to get a decent blend..right now I've set my components to HP at 80hz, and rear speakers to AP at 90hz...I've been busy so I havent had more than half an hour to spend on tuning, because I JUST put the amp in..so this is kind of half assed settings as I said before

I disconnected the 3 1/2 inch speakers like originally planned, and i'm gonna mount a set of tweeters in the A pillar, and tune everything properly...unless you guys suggest not to disconnect the dash speakers n keep em going?  oh btw they're stock..aftermarket speaker's magnet was too big to fit..and I don't wanna cut any holes until my lease is done and i've bought the car...

can you guys suggest any different ways to set up? 3 1/2 dash speakers, components, and 6x9s..I want a rear fill, but i was thinking of using just the Head Unit to power those and get the amp to do my front stage (i'm gonna put components in the kick panel in the future)..car is a '03 camry..

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

i'd let the 3.5s get powered by the H/U

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 3 weeks later...

i'd let the 3.5s get powered by the H/U

any reason u said that?

why not amp them?

u can overload the passive crossover...

so how would you suggest it mega.

I put in my 4-channel (got the alpine v12 MRV-F345 instead..t4004 dig too much of a hole in my pocket at this time)..i sent it to my components and rear speakers..and I believe the 3.5" speakers are running on thier own. What I did was just tap into the speaker wire goin to my indash's brain mounted in the trunk, and seperated the channels obviously. so all the rca's and speaker wire are in the trunk, i don't get any engine noise and everything sounds good :D..ill post up pics later..

anyway i'm going to be removing the 3.5" stock speakers (although they sound fine) and i'm gonna take the 2nd set of tweeters that come with my Rf components and shove it up there with a abs plastic housing..i think that may sound better anyway..

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

if your way is workin i wont confuse you

well i'm gonna remove the 3.5s anyway..so how would you do it differently..just curious..always good to have other people's input

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

Archived