Sonic Electronix

First thing, I'm no expert on car audio, I would set my gains by ear. I've done good over the years never killed any of my gear. So with that being said, I had my pbr300x2 gain set a little under 9 powering two jl  6w3v3-4 and the bass was awesome and was always played at 30-35 volume (hu pioneer digital media only, forgot model) Update model MVH-S600BS. After using dd1 my Max clean is 60/62. I tested the hu from amp a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly. All test results were the same.

Now, I set the gain on the amp with the tool (roughly 7.5,  update looking closely it's between 7 and 9 so 8 on gain). My bass isn't as boomy as before. I hear to much vocals (highs) at the same volume I would play my music as before. My Kenwood's 6x8's KFC-C6893PS (powered by pbr300-4) gains are set at roughly the same as on my sub amp using the dd1. I like bass over vocals, any ideas on how to make it boomy? 

I have the 6x8's at 80hz hpf on the amp. Subs at 63hz (used cc1). I tried a few different settings but nothing to my liking. My Kenwood's frequency are (80hz - 22,000hz). Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance for your time.

ROOKi3  I dont have more than a mm either my ears have always done me right

I had the same feeling when I changed amps

I also looked for more impact or feel

my 6x8 I took the tweeter out and I use my acr audio as a band pass 

I use the hu to set the hp at 100 and the lowpass on the amp to limit the mids to 3.2k

I also grudgingly upped the lp on my subs to 80 and this made alot of difference

it took a little adjustment to get used to the sound and I dont turn it quite as high as  when on 63 but it restored more "impact" this way everything vibrates   also I found my box to be small and the port noise was bad this way so I capped the box and I like it better  I dont have sub sonic filter

I ordered some bass blocker caps for the tweets to lower them to 2.8 from 3.5 just to carry a little more load as the other part of the amp is limited filtering

sound deadening is important and at 80 you will find more that needs it

as for the dd1  meh   I might clip a little but I am not breaking stuff so I will use my ears 

@XSVTOYZ

Yeah, I liked my old settings and so did my son. Looks like I'll probably go back to that. It can't hurt since I had it set that way for last four years. I only changed it cause of the tools. I mean it sounds really good everything coming together (music/bass), but it's not for me.

As for my box, ports and all should be ok. I had pwk designs build it four years ago for my Mazda. It sounds really good (my opinion). My friends couldn't believe that I had 6.5 subs.

Archived