Vancev Posted November 1, 2019 Author Report Posted November 1, 2019 I tried that also and came up with the same results... which really lead me to think that I needed to ask the pros lol I'm honestly not sure why I cam only use half the rated rms of the amp before clipping
Mike4068 Posted November 1, 2019 Report Posted November 1, 2019 Are you sure that your hu is not clipping? No bass boost or loudness correct? No boost on the amp? The way you are measuring power is giving you va as you aren't accounting for pf. Your output is actually lower than what you are looking at with your current measurement.
Vancev Posted November 1, 2019 Author Report Posted November 1, 2019 Scope shows it as good.. but I tried setting the gain and all volumes and various eq settings just to play with the signal and cant seem to change the half rms wall
Mike4068 Posted November 1, 2019 Report Posted November 1, 2019 Could you have accidentally wired the subs wrong and aren't at 2 ohm?
Vancev Posted November 1, 2019 Author Report Posted November 1, 2019 I considered that and went back and double checked this afternoon. And checked resistence with the multimeter and came back to 2 ohms. In honestly stumped on this one
Mike4068 Posted November 1, 2019 Report Posted November 1, 2019 . What is your box tuned to? What tone are you using to check power output?
Vancev Posted November 1, 2019 Author Report Posted November 1, 2019 11 minutes ago, Mike4068 said: Are you sure that your hu is not clipping? No bass boost or loudness correct? No boost on the amp? The way you are measuring power is giving you va as you aren't accounting for pf. Your output is actually lower than what you are looking at with your current measurement. You say the waY in measuring power is giving me VA? And I'm not accounting for PF? I'm not following the VA and PF what are those?
Vancev Posted November 1, 2019 Author Report Posted November 1, 2019 1 minute ago, Mike4068 said: . What is your box tuned to? What tone are you using to check power output? I have no idea. It's a sealed shallow mount box with .75 cubic feet of air space per sub
Mike4068 Posted November 1, 2019 Report Posted November 1, 2019 I find it hard to believe that you would lose 50% power to impedance rise. I would give rockford a call tomorrow and talk to a tech.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.