Second Skin Audio

IMPEDANCE RISE

Can somebody help me out on firguring the best way to wire these subs to a certain amp. The amp is a MM4000.1D which is 1400rms x2 @2ohm, 2000rms x2 @1ohm, or 4000rms x1 @2ohm. I want a BTL per amp. So should I do the dual 1ohm(really dual 0.7ohm) BTL or dual 2ohm (really dual 1.5ohm) BTL. Which way would give me the most out of the amp?

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

you mostly can double the impedence rise.. IE.. speaker 1 ohm, in box it be 2 ohms.. smaller teh box and teh higher tuning frequency  teh lower teh impedence rise.. teh bigger and lower tuned boxes will yield higher impedence rise....you can do a dual 2 ohm btl with taht amp wire it to 1 ohm.. and you have to set the amp setting ciorrectlyor else it could spell SOMKING THE AMP...... it will yeild more power but.. if you want to be on the safer side dual 1 ohm wired down to 2 ohm

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

dual 1's series up to 2 ohm then bridge it across the amp..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So dual 1 ohm and series it to 4000x1@2ohm. So take one positive and hook it up to one negative on the sub and them take the other positive and hook it up to the positive on the amp and the other negative and hook it to the negative on the amp....and its 2ohm mono. right :D  but wouldnt that still be like a 1.4 ohm load?

OK, just got off the phone with Autotek.....they told me point blank dont try it. He said I could get the dual 1 ohm BTLs, series em up to a 1.4ohm and run the new MM3000.1Ds to each. He said they havent been out that long but they are pump'n some power. So Im on the search for some 3000s havent seen any for sale yet but I aught to see sum'n soon

hes sayin dont try what? running a 1.4 load bridged on the 4000?

that much faith in the amp huh??

and i meant run a 1.4load with rise and you will be somewhat ok..

i say get a 3000 also, but then again i wouldnt be running autotek.

what dollar amount are you working with for power?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Depending on wattage Im willing to spend about 1200 per amp if it will give me about 4k. I'll spend about $700 per amp if it will give me about 2800-3000rms. I can get the HCCA 5000Ds for about $680 each. I see alot of people running those and I use to have 2 of the old 275G amps and they were very strong.