Second Skin Audio

Need some help with enclosure for 18-190S

TheKman

Hi everyone, I picked up  B-52 18-190S 18" woofers. My goal was to use then to fill in the extreme low end bass down to about 20 to 25 Hz. with a decent spl. From what I read about the subs, they are supposed to generate gut wrenching lows. B-52 originally used them I'm in a quad ported enclosure. Both the sealed and ported enclosures as calculated with Bass Pro indicate a relatively small volume sealed or ported enclosure with a fairly high F3 works best

From what I can see this speaker should work betterl in a folded or taped horn enclosure with a fairly small chamber behind the driver to keep the xmax under control, while the other side will drive the horn loaded side of the enclosure. I've read some customers have used larger enclosures and ended up frying the voice coils. I have 2 of them and have no problem building 2 identical cabinets or using them both in one larger cabinet. 

I have attached the thrill parameters in a file and also some info on the passive subwoofer enclosure B-52 put them in with 4 ports of unknown diameter and length. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. These monsters have 190 oz. Magnets and are built well. I think the xmas is only 6 or 7mm though. Be sure to check out my attachment for all the details. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Document.docx

Archived