Sonic Electronix

Can you tell how fast a bullet it going just by watching it fly past you?

That is how much of a chance we have of determining who will be loudest.

Nah, I think I have a better chance then determining the speed of a bullet. :D

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

haha i understand wut your saying...were just trying to determine an idea of whose gonna b louder after its all said and done....but the only real way is to actually go through with it and test them, we both know that

if he is getting 4 12s and you are doing 2 15s he is most likely going to be louder. you could look into getting 2 18in lvl 4s. but still . . . 4 12s is 4 12s.

consider adding a 15 in l7 to your current setup. you said 12 cu foot, the l7 only needs 3 cu foot ported you could roll 3 15s.

if he is getting 4 12s and you are doing 2 15s he is most likely going to be louder. you could look into getting 2 18in lvl 4s. but still . . . 4 12s is 4 12s.

consider adding a 15 in l7 to your current setup. you said 12 cu foot, the l7 only needs 3 cu foot ported you could roll 3 15s.

I could run 3 15s off my same amp to just add VC. Would that actually make a big difference.

Setup in the makings

Alright, I have two 07 solobaric L7s. If I were to add a third, would it be alright if I got the 08 model or would that be a bad idea. I could careless about aesthetics.

Setup in the makings

Once you get your car on a meter and figure out how loud you are not you will have a good idea on how loud you will be..

Again as in your last post you made about who will be louder, there is no way to tell.

I sat in a vehicle that can burp 152db @ 47hz all day long, yes it is loud, but I recently popped my head into a truck that was tuned in the low 30 hz that could burp a 147 iirc and that vehicle on music seemed way louder.

Yes the guy burping was louder, but the guy that was tuned low felt louder on my body becuase everything around you is shaking something fierce.

bottom line is you cannot look at a stereo, or put a stereo together in your head or on paper and say that it will be louder then the next guys, only the meter will tell you the winner.

Once you get more advanced in car audio, built a few different setups, played on the meter a bit, you will somewhat be able to tell how loud your stereo is by a guess and give you a ballpark figure.

Archived