Thanks for all the compliments and votes, to! I am getting so close to getting this thing going, that I am getting anxious =@ ! Thanks to all you guys here on SMD and the good folks at itunes, my Ipod is full and ready for testing and jammin!

I have been a longtime fan and user of Hifonics equipment, so Crunch amps will not be any problem for me. The Hifonics subs are great for the cheap cost, I ran 4 of them for about a month before starting this build and had no problem buying 4 more! I know alot of people here do not like Crunch stuff, but it's really better than anything in it's price range! You will never hear me complain about anything they build.

I spent today finishing the amp rack, it took alot longer than expected, but with the heat outside, I was able to work on it in the house. :D It is done and ready. Tommorow morning I plan on replacing the 8-gauge positive starter wire in the PT so I can run the Kinetik battery with bolts instead of posts, then I have to decide if I am keeping the factory negative battery wire or not, maybe I can just cut off the terminal and replace it with a ring connector.

THANKS to Trail @ Darvex for the extremely quick shipping on 2 orders this past week!! Allowed me to complete the amp rack wiring. I just got the last set of 1/0 gauge rings and the Stinger voltage monitor today, so I can get the Big 3 started. Darvex is AWESOME! :good:

I also scored a 2006 PT center console off of ebay this evening, the 2006 PT's have the new interior, so the console is huge compared to my '03 console and will allow me to move my bass knob back to better place, and move my ipod adaptor also. It'll get some custom mods to it, too. A local buddy is working on one in his '04 PT, so he has already worked out all the details to get one in. I gotta get him to sign up here on SMD, he is a former pro installer and I think he did judging for IASCA and had a custom JBL van years ago. He does awesome fiberglass work, and his PT is like a recording studio!

**Yes, pteazer makes nice stuff, but way too costly in my opinion. I bought my roll-pan from another PT owner brand new for $100. Still needs paint, but that'll have to wait until the stereo is done!

Thanks for hangin on to this thread with me, it's been a long tough install! :D

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Wooooohooooo IT LIVES!

Just a recap, 450 watts rms to all the mids and tweets and 1100 watts rms divided between the 8 12" subs, so no hair tricks or flexing vids!

Ok it's got some issues but it is up and running after a few months of construction. It does have a hiss noise that is constant in the mids and tweets and is not audible once music starts, but I gotta chase it down!

It kinda sounds like an outdoor concert, really loud and really flat. It has no EQ settings and is completely flat right now, I thought I would mount the Soundstream EQ under the amp rack and now I can't see what I'm doing to adjust it. The mids and tweets are easily overpowering the subs right now. I am going to put the pic of the EQ on the floor and reach up with a mini screw driver and tune it better. I gotta turn the subs up! :D

In the vids, I held a detailing cloth up inside the tunnel to show you guys that the subs are indeed moving, but barely. I did not film the outside of the car, with 3 layers of deadener, it doesn't do much, the sunroof moves a little, but nothing flexed enough to impress you guys. Inside the tunnel and about 6 inches in front of the tunnel is a nice little breeze.

It is tuned to 38 hz and you can tell so by listening to it. The lower tuned songs are less impressive while the higher tuned stuff and rock music gets really loud. Its a decent compromise in tuning for what I will listen to.

I am hoping to get some more movement out of the subs with tuning both EQs, and messing with the amplfier settings, too, then I will post some more vids of some Jeezy or E40.

Voltage wise, it used to idle at 13.5v, and drop to 12.0v with one 400w mono amp. Now with all three amps and two kinetik batteries, it idles at 13.2v and does not drop at all. A stinger display on the rear battery shows a constant 13.8v. Car has the factory 120 amp alt. I still plan on a MLA module. Maybe a 200amp alt in the future.

Well here are the first vids!

Songs are:

Silicon Bass Experience- Silicon,

Akon- I wanna love you,

Evanescence- Like you

I hope you guys like the vids, I'll post more as the tuning gets done, and see what the subs can do!

Right now I'm exhausted and beaten by the Texas heat! I think I saw this guy outside my garage..... :diablo: I am excited to finally get to hear it for the first time, but to spent to do any more tuning today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived