Dd6101992 Posted March 3, 2020 Report Posted March 3, 2020 I have a less than a month old DDX396 and I just got a new DD M1D amp. My gain is set almost maxed out. So I was told to check the pre outputs on the SW. I maxed out the volume with a 40hz test tone with the SW level on the EQ to +10. And I only got .8v. I was told it’s suppose to get around 6v. Is it something I can open up and fix quick or do I just get a new headunit?
Snowy8171 Posted March 3, 2020 Report Posted March 3, 2020 is the meter hooked up to the rca cable coming from the headunit? what volume is the headunit on?
Dd6101992 Posted March 3, 2020 Author Report Posted March 3, 2020 2 hours ago, Snowy8171 said: is the meter hooked up to the rca cable coming from the headunit? what volume is the headunit on? Yeah and I also checked at the actual pre outputs of the SW in back of the head unit. Volume was maxed 35 with the SW level at +10
Snowy8171 Posted March 3, 2020 Report Posted March 3, 2020 2 hours ago, Dd6101992 said: Yeah and I also checked at the actual pre outputs of the SW in back of the head unit. Volume was maxed 35 with the SW level at +10 do you get any voltage with sw level at 0? is that a base boost,? i have a excelon ddx9906xr and i get about 4.8volts from the preouts on the sw one and front preout. this is with all eqs set to flat and no base boost. i would guess you have a rca preout shield ground problem. you could try grounding the rca outer shield and seeing what voltage you get.
Dd6101992 Posted March 3, 2020 Author Report Posted March 3, 2020 12 minutes ago, Snowy8171 said: do you get any voltage with sw level at 0? is that a base boost,? i have a excelon ddx9906xr and i get about 4.8volts from the preouts on the sw one and front preout. this is with all eqs set to flat and no base boost. i would guess you have a rca preout shield ground problem. you could try grounding the rca outer shield and seeing what voltage you get. At 0 on the SW level I get .2v yeah I’m suppose to be getting around 5-6v from the head unit. I’ll give that a try. ‘Y amp gain is really High for how many RMS it puts out
Micheal Brown Posted March 17, 2020 Report Posted March 17, 2020 Get a new one is the quickest way An automotive enthusiast. https://autance.com/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.