Sundown Audio

Marine systems

Shanon14m

So. I have a boat that I have put together a louder than average system on. My amp choice was a pyle 3000w 8 channel "marine amp". The amp had plenty of power and was a very capable amp. I had 2 problems with it. 1. The amp frequently got very hot. I'm pretty sure my power wires were too small and its in a small console. 2. The circuitry was not marine grade at all and would short and corrode from the salt water. While jl audio is a great brand, I want to put something together without having to pay the jl name fee. Does anybody have any recommendations on good marine grade sub and full range amplifiers?

2 minutes ago, Shanon14m said:

So. I have a boat that I have put together a louder than average system on. My amp choice was a pyle 3000w 8 channel "marine amp". The amp had plenty of power and was a very capable amp. I had 2 problems with it. 1. The amp frequently got very hot. I'm pretty sure my power wires were too small and its in a small console. 2. The circuitry was not marine grade at all and would short and corrode from the salt water. While jl audio is a great brand, I want to put something together without having to pay the jl name fee. Does anybody have any recommendations on good marine grade sub and full range amplifiers?

Have you looked at Clarion amps? The apx line to be specific. They are good quality amps and I personally use one in my mudder

Archived