Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I've never really gotten really good results with subs right behind a seat( point at them that is). Do you have any pics of the current install?

I put mine on my photobucket then use the add a pic button on the top of the message box and put the direct website I there.

took the pics but my computer wont let me drag the photo over got the and direct web site up too

You have to click the button on top of the message that your write. I t says insert image you put the URL in the box that pops up. Off to work for now. I'll be on later hope someone can be of help.

if you want to be unique you could do somethin like smokeumtires did wit wit his truck... he put an 18in BTL in the back seat centered which left room for 2 passengers behind the driver and passenger seat...

here are some pics of it

PIC-0389.jpg

PIC-0388.jpg

PIC-0391.jpg

PIC-0390.jpg

PIC-0398.jpg

PIC-0396.jpg

PIC-0397.jpg

l_260710b39bb435219928cf93780ffeb4.jpg

l_ed3e29d237ac493ecdff022fbeb2c902.jpg

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

WHATS UP??

I was needing some help with the system I just put in my truck.I know 0 about this stuff I had it installed at a car audio shop but I dont think iots putting out the kind of sound it should. Ive been back several times to where it was installed but they just keep giving me the run around and every time I go in there I end up spending more money and my system never sounds any different. I just wanted to know what yall thought about it and maybe give me some tips on tuning it myself or if I need more suff let me know that as well. This is the stuff Ive had installed its in a 2006 Chevy 2500HD extended cab.

Kenwood Excelon KDCX692

Boston 6.5 SX60 (tweeters and all) in the front doors

Kicker 5.25 in the back doors

Amps for the highs is a Rockford Fosgate P4004 2ohm

subs are 2 kicker CVT 10s in a custom box the speakers are side by side behind the drivers seat with the box extending all the way across with a air hole behind the passenger seat

amp for the subs is a Rockford Fosgate T5001 the new smaller kind

Everythigs hooked up with 4 guage wire

Im tired of spending money on this but if I need more let me know its better to have a opinon from someone whos not trying to sell you something

Several questions... 1.)When you say not putting out sound like it should, do you mean volume, bass, or clarity?

2.) Measure your box and tell me what size it is-L x W x D.

3.) What do you have the settings on the amp at?

4.) Do you hear any distortion at all when you turn it up?

Several questions... 1.)When you say not putting out sound like it should, do you mean volume, bass, or clarity?

2.) Measure your box and tell me what size it is-L x W x D.

3.) What do you have the settings on the amp at?

4.) Do you hear any distortion at all when you turn it up?

the mids are were screaming before I took it in this last time they did something to it that made it lower clarity is fine no distortion when I turn it all the way up

bass amp settings is Infrasonic Filter off Punch EQ 3/4 way up HZ looks to be just over 65 gain at 5

front side on the mid amp is set to AP Punch EQ 1/4 way up HZ 240 gain is set to 6

rear side on the mid amp is set to AP Punch EQ 3/4 HZ 125 gain set to 6

Dont know the size of box my little boy tore my tape measure up but it looks to be 4 foot long 1.5 foot wide and its tapered with the width starting about 8 inches and tapering of to 2 or 3 in

the mids are were screaming before I took it in this last time they did something to it that made it lower clarity is fine no distortion when I turn it all the way up

bass amp settings is Infrasonic Filter off Punch EQ 3/4 way up HZ looks to be just over 65 gain at 5

front side on the mid amp is set to AP Punch EQ 1/4 way up HZ 240 gain is set to 6

rear side on the mid amp is set to AP Punch EQ 3/4 HZ 125 gain set to 6

Dont know the size of box my little boy tore my tape measure up but it looks to be 4 foot long 1.5 foot wide and its tapered with the width starting about 8 inches and tapering of to 2 or 3 in

Your settings appear to be off for your highs. Turn the sub off/bass down, or unplug the RCAs to troubleshoot the highs. Turn the volume about half way up, and play with the settings on the amp until you get the sound you want. Don't mess with the gain, just the frequency settings on the amp. Does your radio have a built in EQ and/or crossover? I'm not familiar with Kenwood HUs. If so, scratch changing the settings on the amp and switch to full mode for the front and rear channels and set everything from the head unit. As far as your subs are concerned, like someone else stated, that box sounds WAY TOO BIG for (2) 10s. You probably won't get the punch you want until you get a smaller box. 10s can hit hard, really hard, if they're in the right box.

P.S. Is this local retailer charging you money just to look at and "tune" your system when they did the initial install???

Edited by SteelCityGhost