Sonic Electronix

WHATS UP??

I was needing some help with the system I just put in my truck.I know 0 about this stuff I had it installed at a car audio shop but I dont think iots putting out the kind of sound it should. Ive been back several times to where it was installed but they just keep giving me the run around and every time I go in there I end up spending more money and my system never sounds any different. I just wanted to know what yall thought about it and maybe give me some tips on tuning it myself or if I need more suff let me know that as well. This is the stuff Ive had installed its in a 2006 Chevy 2500HD extended cab.

Kenwood Excelon KDCX692

Boston 6.5 SX60 (tweeters and all) in the front doors

Kicker 5.25 in the back doors

Amps for the highs is a Rockford Fosgate P4004 2ohm

subs are 2 kicker CVT 10s in a custom box the speakers are side by side behind the drivers seat with the box extending all the way across with a air hole behind the passenger seat

amp for the subs is a Rockford Fosgate T5001 the new smaller kind

Everythigs hooked up with 4 guage wire

Im tired of spending money on this but if I need more let me know its better to have a opinon from someone whos not trying to sell you something

Edited by TheKnot6

Sounds like a huge box for 10's. In my opinon if you want loud at least get 12's.

My friend has that same amp. I pretty inpressed with it so far. He has 12" P2's not the best speaker but a good option for the money and they go great with that amp.

Edited by etaks_crew

Sounds like a huge box for 10's. In my opinon if you want loud at least get 12's.

My friend has that same amp. I pretty inpressed with it so far. He has 12" P2's not the best speaker but a good option for the money and they go great with that amp.

Do you think think P3 shallow mounts are a better speaker han the CVTs??

Do you think think P3 shallow mounts are a better speaker han the CVTs??

if you have an extended cab why are you getting shallows??

rip the the back seat out or part of the back seat and throw a 15 or something back there ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

if you have an extended cab why are you getting shallows??

rip the the back seat out or part of the back seat and throw a 15 or something back there ;)

I like his idea ^_^ . Ive never dealt with any shallow mounting sub. So I dont want to go bashing something I dont know. A kid that goes to school with my girlfriends lil sis has some shallow subs looked pretty cool but I didnt get a demo. Are you trying to save space and still use the back seat?

I like his idea ^_^ . Ive never dealt with any shallow mounting sub. So I dont want to go bashing something I dont know. A kid that goes to school with my girlfriends lil sis has some shallow subs looked pretty cool but I didnt get a demo. Are you trying to save space and still use the back seat?

I still need the back seat is this the problem??

hey man, i have an extended cab F-150 a BTL 18, and a DD Z1 producing around 4000 watts RMS and i also have an extended cab silverado, that this was in and it did a 145 at 30 Hz.

or you could take part of the back seat out and put the woofer there in a half wall kinda.

heres my myspace where all the pictures of the silverado can be found.

www.myspace.com/hollisterguy2007. just click on my pictures link ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg