Second Skin Audio

Need Some Help

Sup fellas I`m building me a wedge enclosure for my truck ... I`m trying to figure out the port length and placement for it tuned @ 32hz  @7.00 Cu Ft ... i have drawn it out a little with the specs included. i need --- A: port gaping ----B: Length----😄 Length  ... The Sub is a Sundown Dual 2 ohm 18 with a Skar RP2000.1 ... If more air space is needed the Width can be extended to a maximum of 48 inches in width .. i plan on kerf porting and 45 the corners ... material will be 3/4 inch MDF ... Thank you in advance   

IMG_0234.JPEG

What exact Sundown sub are you going to be running?

You don't want your port to run along the top the full width of the box.  You end up with a super high aspect ratio port that way and they are not efficient.  You would be much better off firing the port out the side.  

You are going to have to go quite a bit wider than 30" to get the internal volume you need, but it doesn't sound like thats a problem?  What vehicle is this going in?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Sub is a Sundown x-18 dual 2 10.25 6 spoke basket on RP2000.1 ... box is for a 2011 Chevy Silverado crewcab ... the maximum width would Be 48 inches ... my reason for porting across was to get around from the seats blocking the port and get some port action where the center console is.. I currently have a wedge enclosure with 2 4 inch square ports in the upper corners  @ 10 cubic feet tuned at 28hz but I’m trying to get it more musical 

Archived