I’m telling you dude, as long as them EQs are flat (at “0”) then most likely that head unit doesn’t clip at all, even at full volume. It wouldn’t make sense for a car manufacturer to put in a factory sound quality jbl car audio system and tune the amp they included with it to a distorted signal coming from the head unit. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, William94 said:

That’s why I have posted this. I have checked that. I used the right front door speaker coming from the factory head unit before the factory amplifier. Test probes to positive and negative. -0db test track. And it detects the signal. But never shows distortion all the way up to 62

Then that means that head unit doesn’t distort at all. 

The line output converter grabs the signal before the factory amp. The factory amp isn’t doing anything anymore. But I can not remove it because it does more than just audio. Without it I lose my whole radio or infotainment system. So the line output converter takes the signal from the head unit before it gets to the factory amp. And this is why I need to know the volume which the head unit clips at. So I know what volume to set my head unit so I can tune my amp

Now that you know that the head unit doesn’t have a clipping point now you have to turn the gain on the aftermarket amp all the way down and then turn the head unit all the way up and tune the amps gain with the dd-1 and the probes. 

Edited by 1point21gigawatts

Just now, William94 said:

So if the head unit doesn’t have any distortion. Does the line output converter distort the signal because my amp is detecting distortion aT 49

Test the rca’s coming out of the loc that goes to the amp and check distortion that way. 

ok thank you for the help i will give this a try. head unit at 62, amp gains all the way down. then start adding in some gain with the test probes on the aftermarket amp outputs until it shows distortion. so would i use the -5db or -10db track since the headunit does not distort? 

i guess what sorta had me really confused is the input sensitivity on the audio control amp i didnt think of it being just like a standard amp that has turn dials. sorta a dummy move on my part. i was starting at 0db which is the standard position that it comes at on computer program which on a standard amp would be roughly half way up.