Sonic Electronix

I just checked and it’s all of my stock speakers inside my car they kind of sound staticky I guess with a very quiet beeping sound every other 5 seconds or so. It all started after I had my head unit Installed so i am sure it has something to do with that connection I just don’t know how to fix it

I don’t understand why you aren’t back at that shop that messed up. Just go back there and request another installer. Tell them there is ground loop noise and a weak ground. Or just fix the grounds and it most likely will fix that noise. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

@1point21gigawatts yeah my amp and sub are disconnected and the noise is still there and no I only have one amp. I’m going to fix the ground with my mechanic first and after that I will probably go back to the shop where it was done. I’m sure it was a shitty technician that installed my setup because I’ve never had an issue there before and they usually hook me up I got my yellow top there for $215

4 hours ago, DankMan said:

@1point21gigawatts would that be a good ground spot? I could ground my amp there..

8EDB19EB-E520-47EF-852A-855E76D5659D.jpeg

D8E4305A-6611-4ECD-8DDD-E0E0043FAF92.jpeg.b9cf485fd1be83cb63457e93dd997928.jpeg

NUT AND BOLT IT RIGHT THERE. TO DO SO, YOU SEE THAT BIGGER HOLE BESIDE IT NEAR THAT DARK GREY RUBBER LOOKING SHIT ALL OVER THE FLOOR? CUT A BIG ASS CIRCLE TOWARDS THAT RUBBER SHIT AMD USE THAT BIG HOLE AS A STARTING POINT. THEN YOU CAN STICK YOUR HAND WITH A WRENCH IN THERE AND BE ABLE TO NUT AND BOLT IN THAT LITTLE HOLE I CIRCLED. I KNOW IT SEEMS LAME TO CUT AT YOUR VEHICLE BUT MOST ALL OF US HAVE DONE SO AND THATS WHAT HAS TO BE DONE SOMETIMES WHEN IT COMES TO CAR AUDIO. PLUS, YOU CAN REUSE THAT SAME GROUND SPOT. THAT SPOT YOU CIRCLED WINT BE THAT GOOD OF A GROUND BECAUSE THAT PIECE OF METAL WELDED THAT MAKE THAT SPOT STICK UP. ITS BEST TO GROUND TO A FLAT SPOT. 

Even though that spot I circled is like a hump, it’s straight. You see where the hole flares a little bit? Use a hammer and a piece of flat metal to set on top of that spot and hit with that hammer to flatten the flare out and get it straight and flush and symmetrical as possible. Don’t bang in the hump though just carefully flatten the flare and make the hole flat and symmetrical on the hump. Post that picture I wanna see too. 

3 hours ago, DankMan said:

I can put my main ground there 

EF9B0FF2-91FA-47E3-89EF-1B4C073BF2E4.jpeg

I looked at that closer and it’s a piece of metal on top of the chassis. Bad spot. But still post a better picture so I can see more of the surrounding area. 

Archived