Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sounds very good. Even tho everyone says the 15's aren't very musical and sloppy.

I can play down to 20hz at full tilt if wanted, granted the output isn't very high. Box is tuned to 41 and change. But most music I listen to doesn't dip lower then 30 mainly anyway. And the output is there at that freq.

Will have scores tommorrow night. they meter at window with drivers window down if choosen. Will try a run sealed maybe, just to say what it does that way.

2.jpg
Posted

The mj-18 blew that theory right out of the water. Its one of the fastest subs ive ever heard.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

Posted

True, but I was mainly refering to the L5, or for that matter Kicker, 15's in general.

Here is a pic of one of the other boxes I built. Made to fit in the trunk of a ford contour.

SUNP0005.jpg

SUNP0006.jpg

SUNP0010.jpg

2.jpg
Posted

Np.

I did do a little sb,sb or extreme run the other day. 30 second run and voltage only went from 14.23 to 13.8. Not to bad. may add another run each of 1/0 to the back battery and see if that helps. Idea's ?

2.jpg
Posted

looks good man, nice build, nice fit, looks like it sounds great

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

Ty. It does sound rather good. I did lose a rear speaker. User error on my part.

And the only reason I have rear speakers is for the kids, otherwise i would take them out all together.

2.jpg
Posted

Amps clamped imp rise to 1.9 from the strapped .5 isn't to bad. Full charge and burp off 14.1 I got over 2600 out of the strapped pair. Little more then there rated 1200 each at 1 ohm. Couldn't be happier about that. Didn't meter off the first clamp tho.

Did a 135.8 with a clamped 500 watts and 143 and change with a clamped little over 2000 watts. Not sure what the prob was, beside maybe the weather. Going to redesign maybe. Wife will decide if she wants it changed or not, since it is her vehicle now.

Voltage was a constant 13.8 after the first test. Could do an easy sb or br run with voltage only dipping to 13.5 the whole run.

Next vehicle will be better and go all out for the higher score. Already have the car,amp and wire in the works for that build. Will post a log once it starts.

2.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1514 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...