Sonic Electronix

Hey i have a question..I have 3 12 inch subwoofers. they are Kenwood KFC-3011.. they have a 1200 peak power and a 400 RMS power and are 4ohms each speaker. I want to get an amp for it but the info they give me for this amp is so confusing.can anyone help...............................Amp info below

1 New Ultra-Linear UL1202 High Performance 2 /1 Channel Amp

Power Output:

1 x 1200 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms

2 x 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms

2 x 300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms

2-Ohm Stereo Stable

What is that crap talking about in the colored specs?. i thought i knew how to match the amps and subs until it put all this stuff on there...im confused...

Hey i have a question..I have 3 12 inch subwoofers. they are Kenwood KFC-3011.. they have a 1200 peak power and a 400 RMS power and are 4ohms each speaker. I want to get an amp for it but the info they give me for this amp is so confusing.can anyone help...............................Amp info below

Power Output:

2-Ohm Stereo Stable

What is that crap talking about in the colored specs?. i thought i knew how to match the amps and subs until it put all this stuff on there...im confused...

Meaning your amp will be running at 1.33 ohms if it's stable at that. If not, it'll probably shutoff.

Power Output:

2-Ohm Stereo Stable

Check out the post in the subwoofer forum on Ohm loads:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...p?showtopic=788

Basically since you have 3 subs to hook up and your amp is only 1 or 2 channels you gotta wire the subs together. Depending on if you wire them in series or parallel the resistance your amp sees will not be the 4 Ohms your speakers are rated at. All the subs wired in series would mean 12 ohms for the amp while all 3 in parallel would mean the amp sees 1.33 Ohms like SteelCityGhost said.

how did u come up with this 1.33ohms from??? thats only if they are Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofers 1.33 Ohms would be achived in Series/Parallel.

this is what ur REALY gonna have for ohm load, Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofers 2.67 Ohms this is also Series/Parallel. or if u want to Parallel/Parallel

and run ur subs at 0.67 Ohm u can but i dont think that amp is .5 ohm stable.

im a wireing guru and ill draw out any wire config u want let me know. i wire my subs Parallel/Parallel @ .25 ohm for comps, Series/Parallel daily @ 1 ohm.

as for ur question u can run a 1200wrms amp to power all three subs but not that one id look for. id get a 2 ohm stable mono amp thats 1500wrms cuz of the 2.67ohms not being a tru 2 ohm load u will not get a full 1200wrms maybe 1000wrms and u have to include impeadance raise and box rise. so a 1500wrms amp that will run 2 ohms would be perfect. remember to set ur gain with a DMM to proporly set so u wont send any clipping signal to subs that can damage them.

Edited by lil_italy773

that amp wont work. You need one that will run 1 ohm mono.

....and who the hell is okcchad?? there can only be one person on here from okc. :D

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

how did u come up with this 1.33ohms from??? thats only if they are Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofers 1.33 Ohms would be achived in Series/Parallel.

1.33 is correct.

a single 4 and a dual 2 has the same final impedance if the dual 2 coils are ran in series.

Edited by SPL2K

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

that amp wont work. You need one that will run 1 ohm mono.

....and who the hell is okcchad?? there can only be one person on here from okc. :D

Okc is where it's at!! I sorta thought I would be the only one here, what little bit I am here :)

And I didn't bother looking up the subs, but if they are 4 Ohm SVC like the post suggested then 4 || 4 = 2, 2 || 4 = 1.33. I make no suggestions on if it's good or not (doesn't sound good), I just like numbers.

ok they are single VC damn how many subs are that anymore not very. ok then they would all 3 be 1.34 ohm load i just did the math 3 times on my calculator. i dont use the wireing wizards when i am one on paper.

u can either run a 1ohm mono 1500wrms amp safe or a 2 ohm 1200wrms amp to keep the wattage close to peak for the ohm load. but id go with a 1 ohm stable amp, and watch ur gain its key in setting up.

Ummm. I'm a little confused now...there are different answers here...so i should get a mono amp with 1200 Rms or what?

thats my fuck up thought they were D4s. u dont see very many single VC subs 3 or more ran together thats all. get u a 1 ohm stable u'll be fine