Second Skin Audio

Shallow Mount Woofers

Just picked up an 08 Toyota Tundra Crewmax and am looking for some feedback on some of the shallow mount woofers that are out on the market....ie ... Jl Audio, Pioneer Premier, Kicker and so on... Looking to do a couple of 12's or 4 8's behind the rear seats, with aprox 1000 w rms( pdx1000 )

anyone with experience or thoughts could chime in and gimme some feedback would be great... Going from 15's to shallow mount subs, so dont really lnw what to expect....

rockford makes the P3 shallow mount 400wrms 800wmax

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

I put 2 pioneer shallows that are the same as premiers, just don't say premier or have the same warranty and they sounded great. 4 would probably sound really good and they don't require much of anything for space. They make 8's in the pioneers as well as 10s and the 8s only need like 120 watts rms or something like that and I'm pretty sure those need little if any box. I've never heard the other options. I know the kicker cvt's require some airspace. I'm sure you could get 4 pioneers for the price of 1 jl though! Some places have buy one get one deals and you could get them for like 200 bucks so they are only 100 bucks a piece and that is from a shop right next to you with full manufacturer warranty and not online stuff. Cartunes usually has the buy one get one but I don't know where your located.

Archived