Sonic Electronix

Wire Size an Amount of Runs front to back

If i were to Run 1 run of 2/0 from front to back is that enough for 20k Watts or would 2 of them be sufficient . I have 240 HO alternator and can upgrade to 320 if needed just wanting to know where to put my money in my Wiring. Will have 4 D4S Lithium 6.0 and a D3100 and D3400 in the charging system when done.

2 2/0 should be more than sufficient from the alternator to the batteries. 1 2/0 run of OFC car audio cable should be able to handle 400 amps of current easy. Even though the alternator is a 320, depending on the brand, they rate them a little different. It's usually not the case, but let's say it's 320 amps at idle, as you drive, it can go above 400.... maybe.... it might be a little overkill, but I say better safe then sorry. I think you could get away with 1 run of 4/0. I'm not too familiar with the 4/0 though. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

9 minutes ago, ragingmenace76 said:

OK Thank you Dafaseles

Hey, thinking about it, I had a brain fart. If you want, you could do 2 runs of 1/0 OFC. That can handle about 350 amps per run conservatively. Do you know what brand you're going to use? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived