Can I Install This Memory Without Problems?

I want to install 3 GB of memory into my PC I have 4 Slots, I want to put 2 1GB Chips and 2 512 Chips. I had a place tell me today not to mix memory like that cause it will cause a problem. Is that true? Or should I just put 4 1GB chips, and loose the 1 GB because of the 32 bit system.

Team Deadly Hertz

u can mix up the memory BUT they HAVE 2 be the same brand and the same speed

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Mixing memory (sizes) wont cause a problem. Just dont mix up the type. Like adding 2- 1gb PC6400's and 1 PC3200 or something. As that could cause problems, and make the memory run at the slower speeds, even faulting the sticks. As for the brands, i never heard anyone say you must stick with the same brands. I got a 512 patriot 3200 and a 512 kingston 3200 on my other pc, and never have any problems with it.

Its an HP system and it only takes DDR.

This is the memory.

OCZ DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Value Series / Dual Channel

400 MHz

CL 3-4-4-8

(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

Available in 256MB, 512MB, and 1GB modules

512MB (2X256), 1GB (2X512), and 2GB (2x1024) Dual Channel Optimized Kits

Unbuffered

Lifetime Warranty

2.6 Volts

184 Pin DIMM

Team Deadly Hertz

As long as the memory chips are all the same speed it wont matter. If you stick a faster stick in with a slower stick, the faster stick will run at the slower sticks speed.

Another thing to watch out for is voltage of the ram sticks, and the timmings. Some memory sticks require more voltage for proper use, and some can take more then other sticks.

Brands, sizes dont matter to much.

For the average user you wouldnt notice these small things much tho, but to a serious gamer or overclocker, this could kill the speeds they wanted to reach.

As long as the memory chips are all the same speed it wont matter. If you stick a faster stick in with a slower stick, the faster stick will run at the slower sticks speed.

Another thing to watch out for is voltage of the ram sticks, and the timmings. Some memory sticks require more voltage for proper use, and some can take more then other sticks.

Brands, sizes dont matter to much.

For the average user you wouldnt notice these small things much tho, but to a serious gamer or overclocker, this could kill the speeds they wanted to reach.

Thanks.

Team Deadly Hertz