Second Skin Audio

Enclosure advice needed for 2x12’s

Bass Mec

2 hours ago, Bass Mec said:

Hello Dafaseles,

Thought I’d come back with an update on the box build. Made the box and installed the 2 x 12” Pioneers with great results! Sounds ace 👍🏼 the bass is deep and musical as I would have wanted. For a $60 sub these thump! Let a number of people hear the set up and they were just as impressed and suprised. 

Rattles the hell out of my car and rear view mirror with vibrations apparant, but that’s just the car. Subs still need some running in time and loosening up, so it will only get better. 

Everyone has been impressed with the box design, so full credit to you dafaseles. The ‘entry’ level Pioneer’s have made people think you don’t need to go top of the range all the time. The build quality does show though on these subs, they do feel ‘cheaply’ built. I have previously run many mid-high end subs in the past, which have sounded better no doubt covering more frequencies better -  mainly a few single W6’s, W3’s, ID Max, Hertz, DD’s and many more. But hey, for the price, brilliant. But clearly down to the box design. Thank you 👍🏼

245E2664-5696-4309-B81D-266D4BA2F118.jpeg

DD2A9EC1-1E50-4918-BFED-C77BB969D703.jpeg

C0D60BD9-697E-423F-8A0B-03FDCD5B9336.jpeg

I've always said, a good install is 20% equipment, 80% enclosure. Looks good! I'm glad you like it

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived