Second Skin Audio

Advice

Gavino

I have 2 kicker comp r 12s in the skar pre fab box I've had them for a year now. I got the tune etc figured out but it's not enough anymore the bump don't get me wrong tje mirror in my lesabre moves down when bass hits. Anyway I was looking at the skar evl 5000w bass package I look up tons of videos and reviews but some of it was mixed so I was thinking about getting 2 skar vxf's or something else like a deaf bonce apocalypse or anything else for that matter I just need to know what is a better opinion.  There's a ton of options for subs so it's tricky. If you guys have any suggestions pls hmu but price range probably 800 for both if it's more I work more hours it's no problem I just want to be the loudest guy in town. Oh and my amp isn't to great I got the kickers a sealed box and a " 4000w" rockville amp so I you guys could throw amp suggestions in too that would be great I was also looking at door speakers but they are 5.25 and 6x9 so I can't get ds18 etc so an amp or a mono and 4 channel that will work together, new sub suggestions, and door speakers it would mean alot if I could get pushed in the right direction because I'm only 17 and this is my first system and I want a 2nd one thanks.

Well, how much power are you looking to throw at this new system? 

What's your budget total? (Subs, amps, speakers, electrical upgrades...)

How much space are you willing to give up? (In cubic feet) 

Can you build a custom enclosure for the new subwoofer(s)?

There's a lot to know before we can start throwing out suggestions. I mean, you want to be the loudest? Drop $10,000, take out your backseat and wall 3 18's on 20k watts. Or, do you want to do something way less extreme (which I'm guessing you broadly do)?

The best way to go about it is measure the space you're willing to give up, making sure you can build a box and get it into that space, then match the subs and power to that space. You're enclosure is really what can make our break your system. The best 12's in the world will still sound like crap in a crap enclosure. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived