Sonic Electronix

Would Anyone Feel Comfotable Running This Setup

I am gettin impatient.

I can now run test tones without a major voltage drop.

My current system is:

All 1/0 guage wiring

140 amp alt

missing link module comming this week

2 Stinger Power2 SP1000 batteries

1 Sundown SAX-100.2 for mids and tweets.

1 RF 1501BD on 2 2006 Kicker L7s

I can now do test tones without any major voltage drops.

Who would feel comfertable adding a 2nd RF 1501BD and 2 more L7 10s with this setup for music?

I know its not ideal but who here that knows what there talking about would go for it.

I'm looking at 180 amps of current into music at clipping. (Test tones would be 280 amps of current but I don't drive around listening to test tones.LOL)

Who thinks I should go for it?

Or should I wait?

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I am gettin impatient.

I can now run test tones without a major voltage drop.

My current system is:

All 1/0 guage wiring

140 amp alt

missing link module comming this week

2 Stinger Power2 SP1000 batteries

1 Sundown SAX-100.2 for mids and tweets.

1 RF 1501BD on 2 2006 Kicker L7s

I can now do test tones without any major voltage drops.

Who would feel comfertable adding a 2nd RF 1501BD and 2 more L7 10s with this setup for music?

I know its not ideal but who here that knows what there talking about would go for it.

I'm looking at 180 amps of current into music at clipping. (Test tones would be 280 amps of current but I don't drive around listening to test tones.LOL)

Who thinks I should go for it?

Or should I wait?

Get a bigger alternator, although the module should help. Everything else appears to be sufficient for what you're trying to do. What are you impatient about?

Get a bigger alternator, although the module should help. Everything else appears to be sufficient for what you're trying to do. What are you impatient about?

I'm impatient becuase, I already own everything else except the High Output Alt and being profesional I would tell someone else to hold off till their electrical was up to par.

I already know I won't handle 4 L7 10s at clipping at all times but when I want it to thump I don't want to get embarresed.

This is all going in a Chevy single cab pickup.(no cut through)

option 2:

If I can get 6 cubic feet behind the seat I could actually drop 500 watts.

I could do 2 of the biggest ported boxes Kicker offers, 1 per 10 inch L7 and go from my 2003 RF 1501BD to a 2002 RF 1000BD and be louder than hell but I would like to stay sealed.

I like sub-sonics. LOL

Thanks Steelcity

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

whats keeping you from ordering the alt? just order and wait it out a week or so and the forbidden fruit will taste that much better my friend..or atleast thats what a girl told me when i tryed to hit it to fast..lol

LOL. Thats good.

I have aready decided what I will do about an alt.

Untill I learn more about H.O.s I will probbly go with another stock CS130 built to 140 amps witch would be a total of 280 amps of current.( I don't have A/C)

At the moment I don't trust HOs for daily drivers. I need to do more research before I fully rely on them for daily use.

My biggest probblem rite now is work is slowing down so I need to start stashing money back for acouple months.

When I got plenty of work I'm averageing $450 aweek if I have to go back to work for someone else I'm lookin at $300 aweek after taxes.

Terryswork001.png

Steelcity do you think I should go ahead and install everything?

Terryswork001.png

50 something people have looked at this thread and only 2 people can comment.

This is a car audio forum to help others I already know whats rite and wrong.

But I'm still looking for opinions.LOL

Terryswork001.png

well maybe 15 of them were from guest not registered yet and im sure about 15 of them where from us 3 just clicking the thread..lol

You got a pretty good piont. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm ready to do it, I just want more confirmation.

Ya know what I mean.

Its wanna of those situations were I know I shouldn't do it yet, but I'm waittin on someone else to tell me I can get away with it for awhile. :lol::lol::lol:

Terryswork001.png

Steelcity do you think I should go ahead and install everything?

I wouldn't connect a 3rd amp on that alternator, otherwise you'll risk your car stalling out, and you WILL get embarrassed. I only have 2 amps on my system, and can't even get the volume more than halfway up w/out voltage drops. I can't imagine what 3 amps would do. :blink: Wait to see how the module that you ordered works first, then if you feel like you have enough voltage, then add those additional subs and amp.