Sonic Electronix

PA(Public Address) System Help Need

I searched but wasn't successful so maybe someone can help me out..

I know this is a bit off topic for the typical post on here however I figured someone must be able to help out with some solid advice with all the knowledge guys on here. 

Basically, I have a STL (speed tech lights) 200watt PA PUBLIC ADDRESS/Siren system on my car which I installed just for fun....basically police siren system. It has a 200watt amp, 2 100watt speakers, one I mounted in the grill and the under the rear bumper, a control unit which is mounted on my visor, and your typical old style cb microphone for the PA. 

It was what appeared to be the best system I could find, and from what I've found, is what is used by many departments...so the quality isn't terrible however it's not great by any  means.  

My question....would I be able to build my own kit, by just putting together an amp, mic, and set of rocker switches that could be much louder than 200watts?  The Kit is Loud now but I'd like to step it up a notch. 

What kind of speaker would be used for this application and what kind of amp as well? On their website, they don't really provide a lot of information about the amp nor the speaker so I don't have much to go off of and I'm not all that experience as you can tell in car audio or the like but I'm a very quick learner and have experience with modifying cars. 

I'd also really like to be able to somehow figure out a way to use my cars hands free Bluetooth speaker system in order to speak through the PA System outside of the vehicle....

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any advice, and my apologies on my lack of knowledge and explanation.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Response wifebtr!  Basically I have as follows, Two of these 100 watt speakers and 1 200watt amplifer and a control unit.  Pictures below. What I'm basically trying to figure out is if I could make a similiar kit buy using your traditional car audio equipment instead of this niche and limited item offered on their site? 

image.thumb.png.edccf054b07832ca4595cbfc1c3c8732.png

image.thumb.png.37c2a2eeb0c75922db774354dde30ae6.png

image.thumb.png.88649a319eb3fcddd14ffc70dbed5d85.png

Archived