DD1+ versus Taramps DS440/4

Has anyone successfully set up this amp with a DD1+? I just finished running my new RCAs & wires for my mids & highs. The amp came in today. Wired it all up. My Kenwood head unit plays up to 34 out of 35 clean. Checked using my DD1+. This is not my first rodeo with the great DD1+, I have used it to set up Sundown & Skar amps before. I first checked my RCAs like I always do, clean up to volume 34, 2.1 volts. Plugged the RCAs into the DS440, gain was already set down to the lowest. Slowly turned the knob & immediate distortion light on the DD1+. OK?? Checked the other side of the amp, same shit. This was using track 2, 1khz, 0dB. I checked all 4 speaker outputs & same result, distortion on every channel with little to no gain. So after a few attempts I said screw it & hit the "read" button. I then changed to track 4. It was around 11dB gain overlap. I tried turning down the knob but I am so close to no gain adjustment, the lowest I can go is 7dB overlap then it's virtually off. 

I decided that I may have to bust out my O-Scope to see what is up. I did hook up the speakers & they sound amazing with the DD1+ set to 12dB gain overlap. I am lost with the minimal turn of the gain & immediate distortion light. I used this same DD1+ to set up my bass amp a few months ago with no issues except when I sparked it on my amp, you can check my profile & find that story. Any advice here?

Edited by Taxed1