Second Skin Audio

What's would be the best enclosure

I've got two resilient sound platinum 18s with a surge 10k pushing them.ive got a box I bought of market place to get me by till my builder gets mine built but he's been pretty backed up.i was gonna go for a low tuned ported box but I've been doing some comps lately. With a 6th order would I be able to get low and windy but still be able to get high and do some comps what do you guys think would be my best bet ?

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

That BP4 will be like 15 to 18 cubic feet before any displacements, a high SPL design could be much larger. furthermore the subs don't seem to be adequate for competition use.

Ik alot of ppl using them in my area and killing the comps .I'm doing a 152.4 with a shitty box that's side firing took second my first comp then first my last comp in my class.152 isn't that impressive but it is with the box that I have 

That's not too bad, maybe you should try to fine tune your current box specially if you compete in single tone burp type of competition, maybe it has a couple of dBs more in it. Certainly I wouldn't discard that design before understanding any virtues that it may have.

Archived