i know there are several members who completely build their show cars, so i'm sure SOMEONE out there can give me an idea whats up. i've browsed online and cant seem to find an answer! 1) my AC does NOT work right now. when it is turned on the compressor makes a weird sound and no cold air comes out. 2) i plugged an AC recharger into the Low pressure line and it has 135psi of pressure, about 1/2 through the "Danger Red Zone" on the gauge.

Whats wrong?

the compressor?

kink in the line?

why is my L line so pressurized??

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

overfilled???

if that were the case i should be able to drain it and re-fill it. but i dont understand how it could be over-filled if it has not been touched since as far as i remember so nothing has been added to the system since it worked properly

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

Typically if you have pressure like that in the lower on the lower pressure side, it means that the system has too much fluid, as coolant is installed on the low side.

EDIT:

4. Close the valve so no more refrigerant escapes, then quickly connect the other end of the service hose to the LOW pressure service fitting on the A/C system.

CAUTION: DO NOT connect a can of refrigerant to the HIGH side service fitting. The operating pressure inside the A/C system when it is running may exceed the burst strength of the can, causing the can to explode! This should be impossible to do because the service hose for recharging the A/C system will only fit the smaller LOW pressure service fitting. Even so, you should be aware of the danger.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ac_recharging.htm

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

and would having to much fluid cause the symptoms mentioned??

and as an update, when the AC is cranked it sounds like the compressor makes audible "squeeking" sounds and stops when i turn the AC off.

>_<

:(

should i just go to the L valve and open it to release all the pressure????

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Read my edit above. I wouldn't release all of the pressure, but I would definately release enough to get it back into the safe zone.

When your compressor is on, is it leaking oil? As stated in my first post, i'd take it to a professional and have it inspected.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

The most common symptom of a compressor failure (besides no cooling) is a seized compressor. It will not turn when the magnetic clutch engages, and you may hear squeals of protest from the drive belt

that sounds pretty familiar.

looks like i have to take it in :(

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: