yeah, but your X's stock electrical is pulling A LOT more from the alt than my car with manual windows/locks/everything.

if i can hold a 13-14v charge all day i'll be a happy camper. Much improvment from 11.xs i'm getting now without a system

-Drew

The 110 amp unit is the best you can do with the stock mounting on that little 1.8L car. If you have the fabrication capacity, you could add mounts for an AD244 delphi unit, or a couple of CS130D's.... I can see it now, two giant alternators poking out of the hood!

This is a small car. Your choices will always be more limited than someone doing an H2.

Storage capacity is your best bet, and amp/hours all count. the three Optimas are fine if they are in good shape. Boosting the voltage will help bring them to full charge. Dollar for AH, the best deal in batteries is still the flooded type. You can walk into any sams club & buy a 250AH 8D battery for 140 bucks. 6 volt "golf cart" type batteries are another bargain. 140 bucks a pair for a high capacity deep cycle 12v battery.

The down side of course is housekeeping. You need to maintain the water level occasionally. They should be ventilated, and not stored in the passenger compartment. They need to be installed the way thet sit, no laying one down. Some cleaning is necessary, they are not sealed.

At some point you will exceed the GVWR of the vehicle if you keep stacking batteries in it. There is always a limit.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

hey link thanks for the post, but i had a hard time following let me see if i got this right.

-size is an issue and i dont have the space for a massive alt

-you suggest the sams club batts that are not sealed and require maintenance.

whats GVWR? what i got out of that last line is that if you stack to many bats the alt cant charge them all...

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

whats GVWR? what i got out of that last line is that if you stack to many bats the alt cant charge them all...

-Drew

GVWR= The max total weight that your vehicle is allowed to weigh. (6,000 lb I think)

Got your back ;)

hannahjamminflv.gif