My car has a stock 75amp alt that is 13yrs old and will dip as low as 11.9v(idol) and 13.8(redline) [on my main power wire in-line volt meter to the amps.]

i had a bxi 1606 @1ohm for a long period of time and held slightly better voltage (about a year ago)

This will be planned for the next bassracer-

2,000-2,500w rms for the woofers, DC lvl 4 10s +400w for the mids/highs.

I will have Three Optima Redtops and just ordered a drop in 110A alt and have the big 3 done in 0ga, do you think this PLUS the missing link will be enough to carry safe power during the new setup. the alt is not a "H/O" alt but it is 35A larger than stock, and i believe the stock was not at 100% so I'm just wondering what else needs to be done (if anything) to support at least 2k of rms power.

-Drew

P.S. THANK YOU 'Link for helping me find the drop in larger alt!!! I've been on the hunt to find this and with your help have now found the piece i am looking for- you will have my business in the future.

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ditch the optima's

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

i can pick them up for 50$ each, i'd rather load down a few of those than drop hundreds on a single bat.

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

hmm...

what i keep telling myself is that is not perfect, but 200+amp alts usually go on cars with stock alts well over 100A my car itself uses so few amps that the difference will be much more noticeable. plus if i could run a bxi1606 off that 75 and massive big 3, i sure as hell can do it agian off an extra 35A of alt juice

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Noob, I think your alt might be able to work, but don't expect it to keep up when your system is at full tilt. If you really don't want to spend the money....then this is fine for now. But, you should probably invest in something more powerful in the future.

sounds good to me!

i ALMOST picked up a AQ2200 for pretty cheap, would have justified spending the saved $ on a nicer alt.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

youll be drawing less power, but i have a 130 amp alt and 2 batts....and still have bad voltage drop...around 12.5 volts full tilt....so it may and may not be enough, there is only one way to tell tho...;)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

yeah, but your X's stock electrical is pulling A LOT more from the alt than my car with manual windows/locks/everything.

if i can hold a 13-14v charge all day i'll be a happy camper. Much improvment from 11.xs i'm getting now without a system

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: