Sonic Electronix

I've been running a RF P 600 2 ohm amp for year 1/2 now and I was on my way to get oil change and the amp completely shut off, now this amp gets loud, but I can't even turn the gain half way without it clipping. I replaced the fuse 100A and put a new one in, and the amp doesn't even turn on. I'm pretty sure it's in protect mode, I can't really tell but my dream amp is a Crunch GP 3000. I have 2 MMATS DHC 1400.2 Modded amps that are also in protect mode, it would cost $145 to get them shipped to florida, and back and I would have one powerful amp. I spent $450 for each mmats and it's just sitting here next to me. It sucks because I just got my other DC lvl 4 and haven't even got to hear them on 1000 watts yet. Should I save up for my dream amp, or send in the mmats and get those fixed? Regardles the situation I wan't a daily 3000 rms system.

what should I do?

I got a car payment to pay once a month, as well as insurance, and gas.

To save up for the amp would be kind of a hassle because i'd be broke so I could save up little by little if I have any extra cash, also have to save up for next school semester.

if worse comes to worse I'm looking for a cheap 1000 watt rms amp @ 1 ohm if any one could point me in some directions.

I'd like a RF T1000 amp hehe.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I've been running a RF P 600 2 ohm amp for year 1/2 now and I was on my way to get oil change and the amp completely shut off, now this amp gets loud, but I can't even turn the gain half way without it clipping. I replaced the fuse 100A and put a new one in, and the amp doesn't even turn on. I'm pretty sure it's in protect mode, I can't really tell but my dream amp is a Crunch GP 3000. I have 2 MMATS DHC 1400.2 Modded amps that are also in protect mode, it would cost $145 to get them shipped to florida, and back and I would have one powerful amp. I spent $450 for each mmats and it's just sitting here next to me. It sucks because I just got my other DC lvl 4 and haven't even got to hear them on 1000 watts yet. Should I save up for my dream amp, or send in the mmats and get those fixed? Regardles the situation I wan't a daily 3000 rms system.

what should I do?

I got a car payment to pay once a month, as well as insurance, and gas.

To save up for the amp would be kind of a hassle because i'd be broke so I could save up little by little if I have any extra cash, also have to save up for next school semester.

if worse comes to worse I'm looking for a cheap 1000 watt rms amp @ 1 ohm if any one could point me in some directions.

I'd like a RF T1000 amp hehe.

What HU do you have? And make sure your bass boost is all the way down.

What HU do you have? And make sure your bass boost is all the way down.

it's 2007 chevy cobalt LT, it's stock, and their is no Bass Boost on the amp i lost it, and also keep the bass in the middle of the bar never turn it up.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

it's 2007 chevy cobalt LT, it's stock, and their is no Bass Boost on the amp i lost it, and also keep the bass in the middle of the bar never turn it up.

Sorry, I dunno what to tell you then. Usually soon as I hear, "The amp shuts off and the volume's not even up high" statement, It's almost always because the settings on the amp are all maxed out/turned all the way up.

Sorry, I dunno what to tell you then. Usually soon as I hear, "The amp shuts off and the volume's not even up high" statement, It's almost always because the settings on the amp are all maxed out/turned all the way up.

figured that, but i'm not that n00b.

pretty sure a fuse blew, gonna find out sunday at the meet up.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived