Sundown Audio

Audio volume lowering on its own

Gadgetsystem

Currently running taramps 3k bass amp and timpano 1400 and a prv dsp. Everything was fine until I decided to try and turn the volume up on the timpano amp. When I first get in the car and turn it on the radio is really loud if I let it play after a little bit I can hear the volume decrease on its own and if I turn the volume up neither amps clip but the dsp limiter light is red. I didn’t have this issue from before and yes I turned the volume knob on the timpano back down but it’s still giving me issues. The weird thing is even the subwoofers are not hitting like how they used too and I didn’t even mess with that amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

I would try to disble the SPL limiter on the DSP and see what it does.

I’m pretty sure it’s disabled I never turned it on I have a splitter plugged into it the first channel and the limiter light comes on channel 2 but there is nothing plugged into it. I just don’t get how me trying to turn the volume up a little on the amp caused this issue I even put it back to where it was and it didn’t help. 

Your goal is determining if the DSP is doing that or not, if you don't know still the ins and outs of it just exclude it connecting the amps to the head unit directly for a test, if you get rid of the problem that way means you have to learn in detail how the thing works, if the problem presents itself without the DSP then you know you will have to check elsewhere, maybe your electrical is not on par, those taramps like ideal electrical like 12.5V minimum at all times to work as expected.

7 hours ago, Joe X said:

Your goal is determining if the DSP is doing that or not, if you don't know still the ins and outs of it just exclude it connecting the amps to the head unit directly for a test, if you get rid of the problem that way means you have to learn in detail how the thing works, if the problem presents itself without the DSP then you know you will have to check elsewhere, maybe your electrical is not on par, those taramps like ideal electrical like 12.5V minimum at all times to work as expected.

I moved my output rca cables from the dsp to my door speaker amp and it still gave me the issue. The lowest I seen my electrical drop 13.8 normally it’s around the 14s. I also changed my rca cables thinking that might be the issue but that didn’t work either. 

Start by ensuring that all of your connections are properly and securely plugged in. Loose wires may lead to various issues, so it is best to exclude this possibility first. Additionally, make sure your power supply is providing enough energy for the setup. If everything appears to be correctly connected and powered, then there may be a problem with one of the components. You can try isolating the issue by removing each component individually until the difficulty disappears. Lastly, take into account whether you may have damaged any of components when turning up the volume too high.

5 hours ago, Gadgetsystem said:

I moved my output rca cables from the dsp to my door speaker amp and it still gave me the issue. The lowest I seen my electrical drop 13.8 normally it’s around the 14s. I also changed my rca cables thinking that might be the issue but that didn’t work either. 

So bypass the DSP by connecting the amps directly to your head unit just to make sure it's not the DSP, if it is not then continue on looking for other problems.

Archived