Bedroom Setup! 1600watts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBkzOtupHw

I did the same thing after I sold my truck and I just had random audio equipment sitting in my house, i just messed with it one day, never used it, just got it to work and then put the stuff back up

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Sorry for thread jacking, but...

Rusty, those power supplies look simply stunning. You seem to be very handy with an iron. And if it works, excellent. I will admit I have never used a DC power supply to drive 12v Amplifiers.

However, I still stand by what I said. Unless it is CE rated to output that amount of power, or bears the words 'MIDAS', 'ELECTRO-VOICE' or 'SOUNDCRAFT', I simply would not use them.

However, if it works for you, by all means cruise right along.

It's great to see people using their minds to bend the rules on electronics. Hope all goes well for your bedroom setup matey. The enclosure looks great with some carpet.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Thanks micky, I put a lot of time into them. But yes, I do agree, they likely don't put out even close to what they are rated, but it is impressive what they can do. Still, I only pay around a dollar an amp for what I know im getting out of the ones I did. Im still wondering about exactly how hurston has his set up...

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

it was gunna be hooked to a 600w sony 4ch, now is it possable to hook a headunit in this setup also wit out messin with current flow? and this would be kewl to buy some 12v lights off www.galls.com and put em in the bedroom and make it like a club or somethin, just an idea lol, anyways nice lookin setup, i tryed but not with a comp supply i used one of those booster boxs, but another question can u wire in a 12v battery to up the current and let the supply charge the battery while its pushin the amps? my buddy does that in one of his displays in the shop

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

it was gunna be hooked to a 600w sony 4ch, now is it possable to hook a headunit in this setup also wit out messin with current flow? and this would be kewl to buy some 12v lights off www.galls.com and put em in the bedroom and make it like a club or somethin, just an idea lol, anyways nice lookin setup, i tryed but not with a comp supply i used one of those booster boxs, but another question can u wire in a 12v battery to up the current and let the supply charge the battery while its pushin the amps? my buddy does that in one of his displays in the shop

I'm not sure if that is a good idea, I would just use a battery charger and a car battery instead of trying to charge it with a power supply.

A psu probably wouldn't charge a 12v battery that much. psu's put out usually right at 12 volts, which isn't enough to charge a battery to full charge atleast.

Archived