Info On How To Charge Kinetik Batteries.

I still havn't found if both my kinetic batteries can be maintainance charged while still connected to the car, but here is Rich's response to my email about charging the kinetiks. I emailed him again for more info on the KIBC 12-35 and will post what he says. There is nothing about it on their site or the web in general! :mellow:

"Any voltage regulated charger will serve you well if it is hooked to your Kinetik Power Cells regularly. The voltage range you need to be in is from 13.2v to 14.4v to charge. Obviously, to properly charge any 12v battery, you want to bulk charge it at 14.2-14.4v until it is mostly full then top it off and maintain it at 13.2 -13.6 volts indefinitely. 14.4v for many days in a row will be a little hard on it as that voltage should only be used to bulk charge for a few hours. Any charger that says it is “intelligent” or voltage regulated or microprocessor controlled will work. You should ALWAYS use your own external volt meter to watch voltage through the cycle to insure it does not exceed those voltages. We do have an inexpensive charger called a KIBC 12-35 that will optimize your Power cells."
Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

i have those chargers in stock from kinetik too!

Please post up some info and pics! Why does an internet search find nothing on them but a single article, are they brand new on the market or something?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG