Noobtastics Alt

ON TO THE GOOD NEWS!!! [/sarcasm]

I was in the middle of doing all my little adjustments and had to get my lil brother from school and while in the parking lot (taking note the belt needed to be loosened up a bit) the damn thing snapped on me.

Posted Image

so tomorrow is a belt change!!

but a question for all you charging system gurus like MLA and others, it was noisy when i first started it up... symptom of being to tight??

-Drew

Symptom of waaaayyy too tight. A new or fresh reman unit should be very quiet. Don't overtighten the new belt, it is not a guitar string. As long as it does not squeal on startup, it is tight enough. Check it again in a day or so, and look for a half inch of deflection with your thumb across the longest span.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

sounds good will do!!

i got a lil excited :wub: and got a bit carried away. i could tell right away what i had to do, but had to get the bro!! oh well, changing the alternator belt in a HS parking lot FTL but w/e

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

we're doing odd jobs for her car on wednesday, painting the dash changing the shift knob and cleaning that rotten POS up a bit!!!!!!

-Drew

My car is LOVELY thank you very much.

yeah so I totally got flamed on by coworkers cuzz I was reading her replies when they walked by my desk..... :lol: and saw "your" pic Drew :o

HAHAHA I win.

stupid autoparts carriers DONT carry my size/length. >_<

-Drew

Good thing I do ;)
hannahjamminflv.gif

DAYM gurl??

feeling a bit edgy tonight eh?? :wub:

Hamah tomorrow morning i'll be at the autoparts store @ around 9:30 in Fairfield picking up the new belt, and we towed the car back to the house with the 2500 so your welcome to come kick it and help me out... wont be in the garage due to the lack of motor power but your welcome to serve me lemonade in a bikini ^_^

-Drew

PS you should get 300+ posts so you can get in the 18+ section and see my post.....

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

You are lucky...allthough all isnt lost for me, my girlfriend LOVES boom but she wants ME to hook a system up for her shes not really into all the technical stuff...she just likes gettin shook around and havin her ears pop :-p

I wanted a good entry level system...Kenwood KVT-512 7 inch touch screen.Went with alpine... 2 Type R 15's @ 4ohms powered by 2 MRP-M1000 amps, dual 2 farad caps, Type R 6x9's and 5x1/4's, Optima battery and HO Alt soon to come. All in the back off my 03 Pontilac bonneville. Simple but effective.

yeah i do ;)

did i mention she has four majors and works full time???? @_@

SOOOO

more good news! (no sarcasm)

Alt is in- puts out GREAT power. also added fuel injector cleaner and replaced the spark plugs in attempt to fix the rough/low idle. next thing i'm looking into is the hoses.

Posted Image

Car Running, warm alt and bat

Posted Image

Just killed it, bat still dropping, unknown resting voltage.

Posted Image

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

THANK YOU MISSING LINK AUDIO

although i did not install your product, without your insight, research, and quick responses i would be 80$ richer but 35A lower.

THANK YOU,

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

just realized my on dash volt meter is .4v lower than actual voltage.

i was getting 14.1 on the bat and 13.8 on the distro so i got out the DMM and found 14.1 on the entire line (from amp to bat) including on the distro input and output, so in short the voltage is wrong. and i'm guessing the amperage is ~20A lower than displayed.

>_<

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived