Second Skin Audio

CAN YOU DESIGN A SUB ENCLOSURE?

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to know if someone could take time out of their day for me to design a sub enclosure for the upper trunk of my 2010 Crown Victoria

I have a single Model # KICKER 48CWR122 = KICKER COMP R DVC 2 Ohm Rms 500W Max 1000w.

Until I buy the Amp I really want, Kicker KEY 500.1, in place of it I am using a Kicker CX 400.1 for now. 

If anyone is familiar with the upper deck where the speakers are mounted, there is a factory hole for their factory sub, which I don't believe was even offered for a Crown Vic, but yes, for Grand Marquis,  and Town Car. 

So I'm wanting the sub enclosure to to sit at the upper section of the trunk area facing up and have a port or sealed (which ever you think would sound best) right at the factory hole, so the bass will be forced into the cabin area of the car. There's nothing I dislike most when, somebody thinks they have a clean system with Subs, but have mad trunk rattle or the license plate frame vibrating as well. Sorry, if I come off as a crude guy, but it seriously makes me laugh. Plus, the sub bass is meant for us to hear and not ruin the sound from a few minute fix or longer, making sure the bass fires into the cabin area and not the trunk for everyone to hear. 

Trunk, doors, deck lid will be sound proof of course. 

In my 03 Crown Vic, I have a port that comes right thru the center arm rest that folds down in the back seat,  but my 2010 has a complete 03 Mercury Marauder interior costing $1500, and I don't exactly want to cut it up.

With all that said, here are the dimensions available for the enclosure:

D1 = 17"

D2 = 21"

W = 24"

H = 11 1/2"

The port doesn't have to protrude past the surface of the enclosure face, but if it can, then the factory hole measures 7 1/2" W x 6 1/4 D in relation to the enclosure dimensions.

If you should have any questions for me, please ask away. 

Thanks in advance, Jason

p.s. the last 2 pics are from my 03

20240317_133823.jpg

20240317_133841.jpg

20240317_133854.jpg

20240317_133935.jpg