Second Skin Audio

Box Help w/Sundown X-15 in Ford Ranger PLEASE

Does anyone have dimensions, or know of the best way to go about putting a sundown x15 in a 1998 extended cab ranger?

I started by building a box to sundowns recommended size. It sounded good, but pushed my seat too far forward.

So I went with a wedge style, with the sub in between seats. But I forgot to account for woofer movement.

I listen to hip/hop, rebassed and decaf primarily. And want it to hit as hard as possible with what I'm working with. I've got a Fosgate t1500-1bd for now. I've got a full woodshop, and know how to build. I just don't know my way around design programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

thats a prefab i had designed out for an audio shop i used to work for. single x15 salt 2 was the combo, but t1500bdcp should be just fine. sub and port are both on the 20" side of the box. face it up when in the cab and put the port passenger side. should get down

edit: not a prefab, but a box i designed and we always had one or 2 built up... it was prefabricated when we sold it, so i just call it prefab

Edited by crispy_chick3n

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

2 hours ago, crispy_chick3n said:

thats a prefab i had designed out for an audio shop i used to work for. single x15 salt 2 was the combo, but t1500bdcp should be just fine. sub and port are both on the 20" side of the box. face it up when in the cab and put the port passenger side. should get down

edit: not a prefab, but a box i designed and we always had one or 2 built up... it was prefabricated when we sold it, so i just call it prefab

I appreciate your input, and responding so quickly! I think the box you're describing will push my seat forward even more than the one I built though. This is the original box I builtIMG_0230.thumb.png.009f6c1c67872e6a14d7ff54f72d2acb.png

put the box on the passenger side and scoot that seat forward.... its not as wide as the box you posted. the one you posted is 38 wide the one i posted is 25 wide. its up to you. i just posted one that i had made up for my old job. i could design one for you, but i do charge for the design process. if thats something you are interested in, let me know and we can iron out the details

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc