2 kicker L7 15s aero port

I’ve looked around tons of websites and port calculators etc. I either get a really short Aeroport and then the sq inches of port per cube don’t add up to me. I’m looking to tune 32-35hz. My box is currently sealed and about 9.7 cubes after subs. I have 2 L7 15s and they’re firing up in my extended cab truck with 1/0 power/ground with 10guage speaker wire running off a hifonics Zeus 3200.1 

I’m just curious if I need 2 6” ports at 16” length or what my brain is fried 

I threw together sample dimensions to come up with about 9.7ft^3.

Two 6" aeroports at 16" length results in around 9ft^3 tuned to 27.5Hz. That's honestly way too little port area.

For something closer to Kicker's "port ratio" (they give slot port dimensions on their website, converted the rule of thumb numbers to reflect an aeroport) you'd want to do something like a 10" aeroport from someone like BigAss-Ports.

https://www.bigass-ports.com/product-p/10vt1.htm

A single 10" port at 16" of length nets you 8.9ft^3 tuned to around 32Hz.

1C0xNu.jpg

That's just under 4.5ft^3 net per sub (right in the middle of 3-6ft^3 recommended by Kicker) and a conservative port area number.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

On 5/14/2024 at 7:57 PM, Jeremy134322 said:

I’ve looked around tons of websites and port calculators etc. I either get a really short Aeroport and then the sq inches of port per cube don’t add up to me. I’m looking to tune 32-35hz. My box is currently sealed and about 9.7 cubes after subs. I have 2 L7 15s and they’re firing up in my extended cab truck with 1/0 power/ground with 10guage speaker wire running off a hifonics Zeus 3200.1 

I’m just curious if I need 2 6” ports at 16” length or what my brain is fried 

Do a slot port with 100 sqin of port area, 9 net volume.