DC Sound Lab

My Latest Dc Build With Pics And A Video

Not hating but report back to me of how much of a gain you managed to do. Oh and btw why would i wanna steal your glory lmfao.

ur post before this one made u to be a dickhead.. not sayin u are , but it seems u were hating on the dude cuz he doesnt have a TL in his hands.. He made ait clear it was a guess.. But to the OP id say u got 3 dbmax outta the swap..

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

I guess I can list all of the changes I made from the 10" setup to the 12" setup.

1.Upgraded to 12" subs

2.Built new box for 12's with 4cuft and a bunch of port area tuned to 37 hz

3.Instead of box sealed off from the trunk firing foward with the 10's it's not sealed off in the trunk firing to the rear for the 12's

4.Also added a Powermaster D3100 that I didn't have when I got the 10's metered

5.Added 150 sqft of sound deadending that wasn't there before

6.(Will have a new deck with 4 volt preamp outputs instead of 2 so hopefully I can turn the amp up some without distorting the subs to get more power to them)

I would say that all of these upgrades would definately net more than a single db. I've even heard of some people turning their boxes around from front firing to rear firing and gaining 3-4db from that alone. Not to mention the construction of a new box with resin on the inside and 45 degree corners out of resin and plenty of 2X4's bracing it. These are all things that I lacked in the last install that I changed for the better this time. I just said that overall it could possibly gain me 5 db, but it probably won't but I'm excited and I'm sorry if showing is bothering someone.

I always see OP. What the heck does that mean? Anyways i just saw he had changed from 2 10's to 2 12's and thats it. Didnt see any other changes he made stated in the beginning and saw he said about 5db's gain. So i just stated it in no way gain 5 db's just like that. I didnt say i dont wish good to come of the changes. Hell it would be koo to have you add 5db's. Ill put it like this im on your side i want you to add 5db's. But science us againts me and you haha.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!