All_Ears_On_Me Posted January 15, 2025 Report Posted January 15, 2025 I have two Rage 8 in v2 dvc 4 ohm and am wanting to build a sealed box but do not know how to get the dimensions correct. I own a vehicle with limited space in the truck, my current sub box is ported 1.4 cu ft. 29x11.5x19 - tuned to 40 Hz. Box depth is to deep, subs and port face the cab through the seat. The max depth and height can only be 19x14, the width can max out to 30. I'm willing to invert the subs if the height isn't too high. Quote
All_Ears_On_Me Posted January 15, 2025 Author Report Posted January 15, 2025 I get stuck inserting these .269 cubic feet for one enclosure, in subbox pro it has the depth smaller then the actual depth of the driver How do I double the cu. ft. For 2 drivers ? .269 x 2 ? Quote
Joe X Posted January 15, 2025 Report Posted January 15, 2025 A box that is 14H x 29W x 19D sealed would have an internal airspace of 3.5 cubic feet enough for two 12s in sealed, how re you saying that you don't have space, that's plenty of space. 8' subs are very inefficient and those subs seem not to work well in sealed (EBP = fs/qes = 74) , my recommendation is doing the two subs in ported and you will still be left with plenty of free space in that trunk. Quote
All_Ears_On_Me Posted January 25, 2025 Author Report Posted January 25, 2025 Thank you for your reply, my current ported boss is 29Lx11.5Hx19D and is 1.4 cu ft of airspace, tuned to roughly 40 Hz. I recently decided to invert my subwoofers to see if I can get lower then before. I do get lower but it obviously adds depth to my build and the subs stick through the fold down seat. I hear you on the, not ideal for sealed enclosure but I have the manual and it gives build options for a sealed. I was looking for SQ, as of now some songs just don't sound right with a ported setup. I'd like to build a box with the subs inverted on top of the box and center slot port,max length side to side 30, height 14, and depth less than 19 inches. I have bass box 6, winisd but have trouble getting the build accurate. Maybe I can get some help here ? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.