car: 93 cadillac

subs: two 15" kicker L5s

amp: hifonics 1606d

big 3: done in 4guaage

amp kit: knukoncepts 4 guage.

first i know that i wont be a "TRUE" ground pounder because im have a trunk, but im willing to give it my best shot. <_<

1)i was wanting to add another 1606d to my setup and just have the subs running on there own independent amps but i dont know if that will allow me to be louder or not. didnt know if i should do that or if i should just get one big amp. which option is better.

2) i plan on adding a txi4408 to drive my speakers on the inside of the car with infinity speakers in the dash and doors but if i do add the 4408 and the extra 1606d i dont know if ill be able to find an alternator to fulfill my needs.

3) other than the items mentioned above, what else can i add or do to become a groundpounder :huh:

brutal honesty is appreciated

IMO u should add alot more subs and tons of power, oh yeah and as previously stated a wang bigger than 8 inches... :lol:

Seriously though u should just get another 1606 and a HO alt, and use all 1/0

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

thanks guys

well i already have the L5s in the trunk. but why wouldnt the L5s like a 1606d all to themselves. i always thought that having each sub on an individual amp would be best. :blink:

and if i go with two 1606 amps and a txi4408 thats a combined fuse rating of 330-370 amps. :o will i be able to find an alternator thats big enough to hold that load.

and is dampening really that vital to being a groundpounder? and if so is it just deadening the trunk or the entire car? :huh:

because rms is only 750 watts..if your only going to do spl burps you could be ok..but dont think you can unload 1600 watts daily on each sub so you better just keep it has is 1 hifonics amp for the 2 kickers if you want it for daily beating..

so i take it that running one HUGE amp like a GP3000 wouldnt be wise. <_< im just tryin to make sure i have an alright amp for my groundpounding purposes. so right now all i should add is the deadening and the amp for the new speakers with 0 awg for the big three? :huh: