Sundown Audio

Question About My Mtx 8100d

Alright This amp puts out 1000 watts rms at 2 ohm at 12.8 volts. Im able to run this amp at 1 ohm daily, voltage is steady daily around 14.0-14.5 never goes below. Any idea on what this amp could be produceing around 1 ohm with that voltage? Im getting it out to really get my RD moveing again. The box I have built is 10x louder, but I really need get these subs more wattage then the 400 wats now they have lol.

I thought you couldn't run an 8100D @ 1 ohm without having it modded. you would have to check the amperage draw, and the voltage to get you're actual power output.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I thought you couldn't run an 8100D @ 1 ohm without having it modded. you would have to check the amperage draw, and the voltage to get you're actual power output.

Yeah im able to run it at 1 ohm no problem. I can also run my old power acoustik amp that is 2 ohm stable at 1 ohm also, so it makes me think maybe im like 1.3. I also have good voltage too.

if you are wiring them to 1 ohm it will actually be a little bit higher than 1 ohm cause of impedence rise. the only way to figure output would be to clamp it, and check your voltage.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

if you are wiring them to 1 ohm it will actually be a little bit higher than 1 ohm cause of impedence rise. the only way to figure output would be to clamp it, and check your voltage.

How exactally do I clamp it? Sorry for being a noob, I havent ever tried to figure out the wattage for myself. I have my power acoustik one done by a shop a long time ago.