Sonic Electronix

I have a friend that im trying to help out bf he burns up all of his speaker and amp. The problem is that he has kenwood subs : 4ohm svc at 400RMS a sub. The amp is a kenwood 2-Channel Class AB Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 170 watts x 2 chan.

2 ohms: 250 watts x 2 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan

he said that he has the subs at a 3.2ohm load and the amp at a 4ohm load. The amp keeps overheating and shutting off while being bridged at the same time. I cant talk any since into him bc he just wont listen. He also thinks that his amp is a mono amp and that his subs are 1000RMS a sub. Ive tryed talking to him but i figure if you guys wrote enough about this topic he might understand what the crap is going on bf u burns everything up like a dumb ass.... I shouldnt even wast my time typing this but what yall say im just gone print it out and give it to him and call it at day....

Edited by FiBTLforlife

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

1000rms a sub, probably MAX power. a 3.2 ohm load doesnt exist. He's just giving his subs 250rms a piece. Put 4 gauge instead of 8 gauge and tell him to reposition his ground to the frame of the car and not on the trunk.

Tell him to make an account here and see if he doesnt get banned for being a smart-ass since he knows so much (not)

Yea, tell your friend to always be open for suggestions...Because quite frankly he doesnt know shit about car audio...Look, the subs dont see a load, the amp sees a load...Your amp is only 4 ohm stable while bridged and you are running 2 ohms...And if you have a so-called "mono" amp, you would know that you cant "bridge" anything...Please listen to your friend...or find a new hobby... :)

EDIT: That may have sounded harsh, but look you are going to fry something and hurt your equipment, the vehicle, or maybe yourself...Either get weaker subs, or get a stronger amp...I recommend you get a mono amp that does 800 rms@ 2 ohms...

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

fish for a man he eats for a day, teach him to fish he eats for a life time..case in point? give him this link and tell him to join and do some research

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/

he wont join bc he alread knows what he is doing, im just trying to get enough feed back and im printing it out and giving it to him and leaving it alot...if he blows them he blows them ive done tried to help he just wont listen to me

ps. put it this way he had 8guage wire runing to him bat to power this stuff and burned the wire twice bf chaning it to 4guage. not the best just some knock off brand but atleast he did that.....lol

Edited by FiBTLforlife

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

if that's the case then let him blow his stuff. if he does, he'll learn a lot from it. you learn the most when you f*** up. if it's 2 svc 4 ohms. then he probably has a 2 ohm load if in parallel. amp gonna run real hot. it's not 2 ohm stable bridged.