Eclipse Build

155+ No Wall

2007 Steel Valley Regionals 3X 139.9 Winner

2008 SoundXtreme 3X 149.9 Winner

2008 Slamology 149.9 3X Winner

2008 149.9 Bass Race World Champion

2009 149.9 Florida Spring Break Nationals Champion

:)

Gettin rep on the one forum i don't go on. I didn't even know i had a user name here... Had it for over a year and a half and this is my first post lol..

I suppose i'll give you guys a little info about the setup. It consists a pioneer 880prs h/u, 2 tc-sounds/audiopulse 5200 15's(famed 4hp's), 2 powermaster d3100 in the back, and an autotek mm4000.

truck does a 152.2 currently @ 47hz legal... Box is 5.3 cubes per side w/ 6 4" aero's . Currently its tuned to 43hz. going to bump it up to 46hz tuning tomorrow... see what it has in it then. I'm hoping to break a 154 before i up the power. These subs are LAUGHING at my mm4000(<5mm one way) so i expect to see a large gain from upping the power.

and its all below the window line and with back seats in tact :D

Edited by profundus-sanus
sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

:)

Gettin rep on the one forum i don't go on.

I suppose i'll give you guys a little info about the setup. It consists a pioneer 880prs h/u, 2 tc-sounds/audiopulse 5200 15's(famed 4hp's), 2 powermaster d3100 in the back, and an autotek mm4000.

truck does a 152.2 currently @ 47hz legal... Box is 5.3 cubes per side w/ 6 4" aero's . Currently its tuned to 43hz. going to bump it up to 46hz tuning tomorrow... see what it has in it then. I'm hoping to break a 154 before i up the power. These subs are LAUGHING at my mm4000(<5mm one way) so i expect to see a large gain from upping the power.

and its all below the window line and with back seats in tact :D

Glad to see you jump on in over here nick. I sure hope you see a gain with that tunning but i wont think it would be than a few tenths. Either way get some power on those things and they will get even luder man lol

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Try tuning one inch at a time nick. more then likely your frequency will stay the same (when tuning in most nowall vehicles I have noticed that the frequency is a bit more stiff to move (where as you can usually control it with a wall). You should see gain in your score though I can tell you that :) It cracks me up to know that your ride is still using stock port length. You still have tons of potentional to get louder. Def. tune one inch at a time if possible so you don't miss anything. I know it sucks with 6 ports but it will pay off when your .5 to a full db louder from proper tuning.

l_20450d7da448bdefec03232dcb9fae65.jpg

Edited by s-saudio

Caprice Wagon build

2010 Florida Spring Break Nationals MECA Drive By Winner

161DB on 15K @ 41hz

Eclipse Build

155+ No Wall

2007 Steel Valley Regionals 3X 139.9 Winner

2008 SoundXtreme 3X 149.9 Winner

2008 Slamology 149.9 3X Winner

2008 149.9 Bass Race World Champion

2009 149.9 Florida Spring Break Nationals Champion

Try tuning one inch at a time nick. more then likely your frequency will stay the same (when tuning in most nowall vehicles I have noticed that the frequency is a bit more stiff to move (where as you can usually control it with a wall). You should see gain in your score though I can tell you that :) It cracks me up to know that your ride is still using stock port length. You still have tons of potentional to get louder. Def. tune one inch at a time if possible so you don't miss anything. I know it sucks with 6 ports but it will pay off when your .5 to a full db louder from proper tuning.

l_20450d7da448bdefec03232dcb9fae65.jpg

well, this box actually is tuned so low its pulled my peak frequency down from 49 to 47. Both of my previous setups were tuned mroe for a flat response, one being sealed, one being ported and both peaked at 49hz.

so i'm thinking my tuning its fighting the trucks resonant frequency.

it'll probably take me 45 minutes each tuning change... but i definately don't want to be stuck being down a whole db and having no back up ports.

This your Explorer Nick?

You coming to the DB Drag In Taylor?

indeed, on both accounts.

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg